World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Acidic antidotes

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come the market didn't tumble when Lee said last week, in effect, we've hit the high water mark of the year?  (the CAT CFO said that yesterday and it was universally said to have caused the afternoon selloff) Delayed reaction? I doubt it. Flat earth believers outnumber liquidity as casual in market moves believers by thousands to one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhmj8g4zhw

Jorma,

one has to have some patience. We can‘t fall 10k in one single woosh within one week. Things have to evolve. These are the early stages. What Doc basically said was that there won‘t be enough liquidity anymore to feed both stocks and bonds at the same time. That‘s what we saw yesterday: Big auctions and stocks tumbled.

What really has to happen: The 10 year has to move above 3 and stay there and move even further to 4 or even 5. I simply can‘t imagine why rates should move that high. When it cones to the ECB it is almost impossuble to even imagine why rates should go above 3 or 4 in the next 10 years, cause if they would Italy and Spain would go completely bankrupt and even France would not be far away from it.

Anorher problem I see: There are too many politicians who have or had a professional relationship with Wall Street. That counts for Trump and Macron and others too. There was a time in the distant past when no one cared about if the market falls 50% or whatever. Nowaday politicians think that the world breaks into two pieces when the Dow looses more than 20%...

Archived