Trend reversal

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see another real or imagined Greenspan/Berhanke put coming here. Of course, that won't reverse the collapse in new mortgages/refis - and liquidity.

They will keep the 'junk' flowing even after it's stopped having any effect. They will go down shooting. Reminiscent of a certain recent situation in Iraq....

But will the bodies be put on display afterward? :blink: :blink:

Hey folks,

So far so good tonight but I'm not going to get serious until I see 974 cash cracked on a closing basis.

Beyond 974 I have 966 as a floor.

If 966 is broken then I have the 20 day EMA next at around 925 or so I think.

So for the 3rd straight week 974 is my number. Lets see what we see.

Another article to brighten your day...tech jobs, ...er, every job leaving the US for India. The only thing that will be left is Walmart greeters and lawyers and maybe not even that.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,3...1547648,00.html

I've got a thread on political stool visiting this issue:

http://www.capitalstool.com/forums/index.p...t=ST&f=5&t=3226

Another article to brighten your day...tech jobs, ...er, every job leaving the US for India. The only thing that will be left is Walmart greeters and lawyers and maybe not even that.

Congress will find it difficult to pass protectionist legislation on computer code. On the bright side, there is much more money in developing innovative gadgetry than in programming the increasingly modularized code by which they function.

The USA remains the marketplace of choice for commercializing nearly every innovation coming down the pike. Indians will find less and less code work over time. It is not a growth industry. India will get the jobs that would inevitably be lost by "progress".

As far as the human- telephone interface, voice rec will replace many of these jobs, at even lower cost.

China and PacRim is different, and a much greater worry. The Chinese have a deeply ingrained sense of enterprise which India does not, in general, have (many of the enterprising Indians have moved to the US and Canada; some are good friends of mine).

As other Stoolies have mentioned, the best thing Americans can do to prepare for the future is to learn Mandarin Chinese.

This will all come as a very big surprise to the Japanese.

Everyone dates the start of modern Japan with the Meiji Restoration in 1867/68 rather than the McCarthur Occupation.

Kudos on the nom de plume update.

Lots of Japanese are astonished at the length and breadth of the access the US has granted their firms to the domestic market. After all, they are smart enough to restrict imports to necessary raw materials and luxury goods only.

Political considerations govern the huge trade deficits with Japan and China, and soon to be India.

Congress will find it difficult to pass protectionist legislation on computer code. On the bright side, there is much more money in developing innovative gadgetry than in programming the increasingly modularized code by which they function.

The USA remains the marketplace of choice for commercializing nearly every innovation coming down the pike. Indians will find less and less code work over time. It is not a growth industry. India will get the jobs that would inevitably be lost by "progress".

As far as the human- telephone interface, voice rec will replace many of these jobs, at even lower cost.

China and PacRim is different, and a much greater worry. The Chinese have a deeply ingrained sense of enterprise which India does not, in general, have (many of the enterprising Indians have moved to the US and Canada; some are good friends of mine).

As other Stoolies have mentioned, the best thing Americans can do to prepare for the future is to learn Mandarin Chinese.

The problem I see is that the foreign programming plantations will kill investment in programming automation and tools development.

Why is it when blue collar or union jobs are lost to foriegners it's no big deal, but white collar jobs suffering the same fate it's a catastrophe?  Welcome to "free "trade.

CW - I agree with your perspective, I think.

In the US, the propaganda in the 1980s and 1990s was the following:

blue collar jobs are dirty and dangerous and held by stupid unionized slobs who deserve to lose their jobs to harder working people in poor foreign countries

white collar, high tech, low polluting, safe jobs requiring "book learning" are the jobs of the future for the US, since that is where the country has a competitive advantage over other countries.

I guess the news is a slowly unfolding process where the matrix is informing the white collar work force that the same bosses which required strikes to achieve collective bargaining rights in the US in the 1900-1935 era are the same bosses in charge of the white collar/cubicle sweatshops now.

Archived