B4 the Bell Wednesday August 25

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MH

As mentioned a week or so ago

"Watch Sistani"

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/08/25/...main/index.html

NAJAF, Iraq (CNN) -- Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, Iraq's most powerful Shiite Muslim cleric, called on Iraqis Wednesday to march to Najaf to help rescue the holy city, site of nearly three weeks of fighting between insurgents and U.S. and Iraqi troops.

The insurgents are followers of radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr and are positioned inside and around the Imam Ali Mosque, a site sacred to Shiites. Najaf's police chief warned that marching to the city would be dangerous.

Guest yobob1

Betting 50 stoolie bucks that the official reason turns out to be bad fuel, probably from the same tanker.

Why the confirmed hijacking signals from both planes if the fuel was the culprit?

Uh, they don't have a "bad fuel" button to push? Or perhaps the hijacking was the fuel truck and they returned it full of bad fuel?

temporary glitch in the matrix

Took one hour and 12 minutes to bust +1000 on the tick

Once the market particpants all simultaneously realized that slowing housing sales are bullish for a broad basket of stocks, millions of buy buttons were pushed in near-perfect synchrony.

<_<

I feel "safer, but not safe"....... :ph34r:

+DJ No Terrorist Attack On Crashed Russian Planes -Officials

*DJ Wreckage Shows Planes Weren't Attacked -Russia Officials

That?s what I figured all along. It?s just a simple coincidence that two identical aircraft took off from the same airport minutes apart traveling in different directions. Then both engaged hijacking alarms before crashing to the ground almost simultaneously.

I also think the eyewitness reports of a mid air explosion are more likely explained as UFO sightings by drunken Russian school children. Alternatively, bird ingestion could be the culprit as we all know in Russia birds enjoy flying in temperatures that would instantly freeze their wings solid and at altitudes exceed 45k feet.

Further it makes perfect sense that any pilot or flight engineer that determined that the engines were starving due to contaminated fuel would forgo reducing altitude to enrich the fuel/air mixture and radio for help. Choosing instead to activate the hijack alarm while maintaining altitude, course and speed so as to ensure they would plummet to their death. I also freely choose to ignore the fact that a gas turbine engine will burn anything, even horse manure if it is provided in a steady liquid stream, and therefore contaminated fuel will only reduce power output. Of course a plane uses maximum power during takeoff not during level flight.

I am truly a sheep. I believe anything reported on Crapvision. I believe in me, I believe in the market.

Guest yobob1
Is this the beginning of the end for housing? A trend has to start from somewhere.

The pace of new-home sales tumbled for the second straight month in July, dropping by a larger-than-anticipated 6.4% -- the first signs of a slowdown that economists have predicted for the past two years.

Housing is strong and getting stronger.

It might also be noted that they substantially revised the figures lower for June, May and April. Meanwhile starts and permits are way up? Everyone grab their popcorn, cold beer and lawn chair so you can get a good viewing spot of the coming train wreck.

I feel "safer, but not safe"....... :ph34r:

+DJ No Terrorist Attack On Crashed Russian Planes -Officials

*DJ Wreckage Shows Planes Weren't Attacked -Russia Officials

That?s what I figured all along. It?s just a simple coincidence that two identical aircraft took off from the same airport minutes apart traveling in different directions. Then both engaged hijacking alarms before crashing to the ground almost simultaneously.

I also think the eyewitness reports of a mid air explosion are more likely explained as UFO sightings by drunken Russian school children. Alternatively, bird ingestion could be the culprit as we all know in Russia birds enjoy flying in temperatures that would instantly freeze their wings solid and at altitudes exceed 45k feet.

Further it makes perfect sense that any pilot or flight engineer that determined that the engines were starving due to contaminated fuel would forgo reducing altitude to enrich the fuel/air mixture and radio for help. Choosing instead to activate the hijack alarm while maintaining altitude, course and speed so as to ensure they would plummet to their death. I also freely choose to ignore the fact that a gas turbine engine will burn anything, even horse manure if it is provided in a steady liquid stream, and therefore contaminated fuel will only reduce power output. Of course a plane uses maximum power during takeoff not during level flight.

I am truly a sheep. I believe anything reported on Crapvision. I believe in me, I believe in the market.

Rog

You are your usual brilliant self.

There will be a day when even the most mentally challenged wake up to what a garbage pit the media has become.

These developments strike close to the heart. My hatred towards the media has hit ATHs. Vent over..

Another instant investigation complete.

"Just look at this wreckage, Boris...do you see any terrorists here?"

"No Ivan, I see no terrorists here."

"Vladimir - we see no terrorists here."

"Good News, George, No Terrorists!"

This is going to provide material for some of the funniest jokes on tonight's late night comedy line-up!

Welcome to the theater of the absurd...

"May I interest you in some equities? Are you registered to vote?"

Flight Data Recorders Found of 2 Crashed Planes in Russia

By C. J. CHIVERS

Published: August 25, 2004

MOSCOW, Aug. 25 ? Investigators picked through the scattered wreckage today of two Russian passenger jets that crashed nearly simultaneously Tuesday night after leaving Moscow, and reported that they had found flight data recorders for both flights, officials said.

Huh.

I guess that means that there are still only 4 crashes where the flight data recorders were never recovered.

Flights:

Fortunately, although the flight data recorders which are built to withstand 3,000 G's and incredible inferno were destroyed, two complete passports from flight 11 PLUS an identifiable piece of a 'terrorists' passport photo from flight 93 managed to survive.

Just dumb luck I guess. Or a coinicidence.

Whatever. I am off to buy some homebuilder stocks.

Archived