On The Issue of Tart Refarm

Machinehead, No I was referring to the new Governor of the Great State of Dustbowl a/k/a Oklahoma. All the rallying by doctors is a two-edged sword. My main point is that even with a cap on non-economic damages, there are plenty of economic damages in horrible medical malpractice cases. I guarantee you it will not deter a qualified malpractice lawyer from pursuing a good case. The cap they propose only covers pain and suffering, etc. The brain damaged baby in my case will rack up over $4 million in future health care needs given her life expectancy.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oklahoma obviously has a great number of trial lawyers in the legislature as a reading of their malpractice statutes reveals. This part is my favorite:

Statutory Cap on Attorneys' Fees

Under Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 5, ? 7 (West 1996), attorneys may lawfully contract for a percentage of the recovery, but such percentage may not exceed 50 percent.

http://www.mcandl.com/oklahoma.html

I guess 50% of Justice is better than none, right? By the time court costs and expenses are added in, there probably is enough money for the injured to buy a nice wheelchair. No surprise that the public has had enough.

Dr. Skiddmarket. Shrub a great politician? You have got to be kidding me. I just love the hubris and smugness. Never underestimate your opponent. That is a very dangerous thing to do.

OK, Dr. Skiddmarket, that does it -- you and me buddy-- a WWF sanctioned cage match. Dr. Death vs. The masked Avenger of Justice. We can sell tickets and settle this once and for all. ;)

Dear Mr TwoScrewsLoose:

The BARE was simply quoting Dr David Williams, who was, he thinx, addressing both kinds of infections - the article dealt with terrorism and infectious disease, primarily; however, he clearly laid a lot of the blame on poor hygene and failure to take precautions, which, he claims, could reduce infection and it's corollary of fatalities by up to 75%, he ASSerts.

Mr. TwoScrews, it will WARM THE COCKLES OF YOUR LITTLE HEART (or what's LEFT of it FUR LAWYERS LOLOL ANYHOO) to learn that in the CURRENT ed of The New York Observer (u R a resident of GOTHAM r u SNOT? Then get thee HENCE to your corner SNOOZEstand a pick up a copy of same!) there is an editorial about how The Shrub is waging war upon and wants to put an end to MEDICARE, much to the glee of the DRUG companies and HMO's!!!

He might succeed...FUR a while, thatiz.

Until the MIDDLE CLASS revolts. Then what Mr. Bush hASS dismantled will be promptly reASSembled

Glad to see peace hASS been restored here.

Skidd, never lose sight of the fact that LAWYERS ARE THEMSELVES "DOCTORS".

JURIS doctors!!!

LMAZZOFF

TwoScrews, HRFF NEVAHHH ced nuttin' boud socialized medicine bein' high quality medicine.

Or evenly distributed.

The more The BARE thinks about it the more a miracle that he is alive.

In any other age era he'd been 'long' gone.

Despite it's flaws we, who have access to it, anyway, should be very grateful for our medical system. There are billions without anything remotely close to it.

Dr. Skiddmarket.  Shrub a great politician? You have got to be kidding me. I just love the hubris and smugness. Never underestimate your opponent.  That is a very dangerous thing to do.

This is yet another example of people failing to learn from history. Most here probably remember the condescension aimed at Reagan. He was just a stupid actor. The snobs of Europe considered him a harmless idiot at best ... and a trigger-happy nutcase at worse. Yet, he was among the few who got the collapse of communism right. For better or worse, the U.S. public adored him even as the "intellectual class" did not. The same phenomenon is repeating itself with Shrub. I'm no fan of the man. But, I see amazingly similar currents between how his intellectual capacity is questioned ... and that of Reagan. One huge difference, of course, is that Bush is no where near the communicator that Reagan was.

"The more The BARE thinks about it the more a miracle that he is alive."

Shouldn't you share your joy with the world by publishing a book on this subject?

Mr. TwoScrewsLoose

HMMMmmmmmmm......... :mellow:

Perhaps THAT is what is meant by "publish or perish"??? :lol:

"Dr." BareASSter Esq.

Elsewhere on this BORED is a notice about an "American Society of Shortsellers" meeting in New York on March 6th.

It is my belief that various conspiracies against the public interest (a/k/a "BARE pools") are likely to be hatched in the shadowy corners of a WATERING WHOLE on Broadway.

Shouldn't you make yourself available as an "antitrust attorney" to keep the repartee within the tenuous bounds of "legality"? (If we need to discuss any ILL-EAGLE stuff, the next MEATing can be held safely offshore in some FUReign LOCOcation such as Canada. Venue shopping, ASS 'twere.)

TIA

"Senor Dos Tornillos Flojos"

Yes, a wet coaster ski and board [pun intended] extravaganza here in beautiful Whistler, B.C., Canuckistan. Just picture walk-in humidors stuffed with Fidel's Finest STOAGIES! [and some of B.C.'s Finest STOAGIES, ASS well!]

BareASSter could always amuse himself with the disclaimer on the back of the lift ticket! :lol: :lol: :grin:

Archived