B4 the Bell Fryday Sept 3, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

=DJ NEWS WRAP: 3Com Warns 1Q Rev To Fall Short Of Expectation

MARLBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)--3Com Corp. (COMS) said Friday its quarterly revenue will come in around 10% below its previous expectation, an announcement that sent shares of the communications network supplier down nearly 10%.

Dow Jones Newswires

Anti-Bush Protesters Ordered Released Demonstrators Were Held Illegally, Judge Rules

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A...anguage=printer

Several dozen of those detained said that they had not taken part in protests. Police apparently swept up the CEO of a puppet theater as he and a friend walked out of the subway to celebrate his birthday; handcuffed two middle-aged women who had been shopping at the Gap, and arrested a young woman as she returned from her job at a New York publishing house.

[...]

In all, police arrested more than 1,700 people, or nearly three times as many as were arrested in Chicago at the 1968 Democratic National Convention, which had far more violence. Police have used large orange nets and riot and motorbike squads to sweep up dozens of alleged protesters.

What nation today does not hold political prisoners? :shocked

IF I was a bull I would be very worried. on the surface the broader market is shrugging off the news. Slightly below the surface, despite volume running above the 10day avg, you can't sell anything. I'm not just talking tech. In the financials I have tested the water in a few big stocks like GS MER C JPM. On a burst of buying I will sell a few thousand shares. Not only does the buying stop but all bids are being pulled. I have never such a low level of liquidity even in front of a holiday weekend.

Archived