Welcome to earnings Q4 season

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe this is why Japan rocketed into the close last week....

Pimco Says BOJ May Consider Selling Yen, Buying Debt (Update2)

January 10, 2010, 08:23 PM EST

Jan. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Pacific Investment Management Co., which runs the world’s biggest bond fund, said the Bank of Japan may need to consider selling yen or buying long-term government bonds in “unlimited amounts” to combat deflation.

“Japan’s problem is deflation, not inflation as far as an eye can see,” wrote Paul McCulley, a member of the investment committee, and Tomoya Masanao, the head of portfolio management for Japan, in a report on the Web site of Newport Beach, California-based Pimco. “An ‘all-in’ reflationary policy is what is needed.”

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-01-1...t-update2-.html

We basically finally tagged the 2318 NAZ COMP on Friday and now are tagging the 1900 NQ target here tonight....SOX target also tagged and looking very ready to roll at any time...

Put/Call 5 and 10 day stuff getting extreme here....

Am giving bear until Wednesday at latest to reverse this hard.....

The horns of this bull is starting to really dig into me.

Not so much with my current draw down but the mental aspect of it. These 4-6 point moves daily and 6-10 point gap ups on Monday.

The horns of this bull is starting to really dig into me.

Not so much with my current draw down but the mental aspect of it. These 4-6 point moves daily and 6-10 point gap ups on Monday.

With the exception of a couple trades here and there, I have stayed away from the U.S. stock market and it's futures and have concentrated on commodes and currencies for quite some time, now. Even so, I can relate to your statement above. Just watching this POS market grind higher has taken its toll mentally.

With the exception of a couple trades here and there, I have stayed away from the U.S. stock market and it's futures and have concentrated on commodes and currencies for quite some time, now. Even so, I can relate to your statement above. Just watching this POS market grind higher has taken its toll mentally.

Scalping is hard these days too with the lack of volatility. It's even go long or forgetaboutit.

Scalping is hard these days too with the lack of volatility. It's even go long or forgetaboutit.

yep..you either stay with your position or just stay out and wait until vols pick up again.....after the morning flagpole...they could trade another half hour then fast forward to the last 10 minutes of the day and just get it over with.

It's been a one way street just like every other bubble.

Doing a little reading and the Japan sheet is mind blowing if they go ahead with what Pimpco is suggesting since they have been doing it for 20 years,,,,

that and Chiners fiscally responsible program to initiate margin to curb speculation.....wonder what kind of leverage they are giving the pigmen over there...

Chiner in a lot of ways reminds me of us in 1997-1998.....building an empty city and then figure a way to get people to mover from the old city to the new one.......IPO manias....now margin and short selling... they are like the Mouseketeers of bubble blowing...they just got their ears...

FWIW, I find you particularly reasonable in this discussion, and I appreciate that. I am not a zealot, even if I play one form time to time. I am totally open to having my mind changed. That's why I am interested in mechanisms, because those I can evaluate. That's why I was grateful to CWD as well for offering his view of the morning call.

Here's another tedious question. If it's the PDs that execute the trades in coordination, it doesn't really matter whether that coordination occurs as part of plans over post-close martinis, or as part of some telephone call on which the Fed participates right?

I mean, once the Fed has initiated the coordination among the PDs, the activities themselves. And my interest here is entirely with regard to the purported activity w/r/t equity index futures.

Put differently, the conspiracy does not requre the role of the Fed or the PPT or the Treasury or Obama, right?

I don't think that you would call it a conspiracy. All the players want the market to go up. The question how do the PTBs keep it going up, and what kind of securities laws are they allowed to break to achieve these goals, or to put it another way does the end justify the means?

The Executive Order 12631,[1] signed on March 18, 1988 by United States President Ronald Reagan is the legal basis for this manipulation which I think has become much more common over the years.

I don't think that you would call it a conspiracy. All the players want the market to go up. The question how do the PTBs keep it going up, and what kind of securities laws are they allowed to break to achieve these goals, or to put it another way does the end justify the means?

The Executive Order 12631,[1] signed on March 18, 1988 by United States President Ronald Reagan is the legal basis for this manipulation which I think has become much more common over the years.

From August 2008 until Feb 2009 the SPY went from approximately 1241 to 723, with the ultimate low at 666 in early March.

So exactly how did EO 12631 work during that period of relentless selling then? Which was also a time when there were no bears groaning about market manipulation to the downside.

From August 2008 until Feb 2009 the SPY went from approximately 1241 to 723, with the ultimate low at 666 in early March.

So exactly how did EO 12631 work during that period of relentless selling then? Which was also a time when there were no bears groaning about market manipulation to the downside.

Another reason why i don't buy this manipulation stuff.

Very short term time frame maybe....but not a 10 month boner.

How about a change of administration? ;)

It's not a 2. The decline from the 2007 high is an ABC. The 2 wave is really a B wave, but the B wave might only be in its a wave with b down to come and then the c of B, then the cataclysmic C wave, the death dive, if it is of the zig zag variety.....Got it? Have you ever taken the time to watch the all time greatest movie Apocalypse Now?

What he said. Shoulda mentioned that meself.

Wasn't The Them a 50s horror flick about giant ants? Or was it just Them?

Archived