B4 The Bell Fireday July 30

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11:55am 07/30/04

Crude futures continue higher, tap $43.60 (YUKOY) By Myra P. Saefong

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- September crude is up 65 cents at $43.40 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, after tapping a high of $43.60. It's trading at levels the exchange has never seen before. Debt woes at Russia's Yukos [s yukos], terrorist attacks, storms in the key oil and natural-gas producing region in the Gulf of Mexico, and an oil-workers strike in Norway helped fuel the output concerns. The September contracts for heating oil and unleaded gas will become the lead-month contracts at the session's end. The two contracts are up nearly 2 percent.

The techs at my hosting company are "studying the problem." So far, no answers. Just guesses. I just hope that the problem goes away when we get on the new server, which will be next week, I hope. If any of you are experienced in the area of web servers (linux and apache), and ip, please get in touch. [email protected]. Tanks.

Locked out for at least 20 minutes starting at about 11:20 EST

(could not log in) - am hardwired, not dial-up

If someone with a ping program can detect where signals are being

relayed to/from (had such a program on last computer). DARPA???

Wasn't around for the load spike, but it's was slow even earlt this morning.

I've come to the conclusion that the Fed will accelerate it's additions to the monetary base (repos plus market Treasury purchases) as inflation accelerates and the credit bubble falters. More on this in the "weak-end den".

Meanwhile this still spells bad news for the markets in general with the exception of energy and PM issues - although eventually (not soon) they might also suffer.

This is not a short term prediction but what I feel may happen over the next few months.

If recent patterns hold, we may experience another load spike which hangs the board between 3:15 and 3:30. If you notice the board slowing in responding, the best way to help is to not refresh your page, and not make any requests to the server for 3-5 minutes. This is how long the spikes tend to last.

I know it sucks. From this end, it's a crisis, but until I find someone who can figure this out, all I can do is yell at my hosting company, and that hasn't helped. :)

Archived