Quaalude Cloud Gas

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From this gov't's perspective, the worst thing that could happen is for peace to break out in Iraq. They are counting on domination of the oil fields and the flanking of the Saudi's, Russians, Chinese, and Iran by virtue of controlling the oil and new military bases in the middle of the ME. You could get a short market burst on the news, but with the gold gone out of the vaults, 100B barrels of oil is now necessary to fund the new American empire. Beside's if GW is thwarted in his promise to undo Saddam, what kind of paper tiger would we be to N Korea and China re Taiwan. Unfortunately the US is locked into moving ahead.

I saw a piece somewhere in the Russians trying to engineer a coup to oust Saddam. Probably the only strategy for them to preserve their declining influence in the ME and in their need for export $ from oil. Russia sinks if oil goes back to $12 a barrel. Just my opinion and I hate it, but we're locked in.

? ?

Consider the ramifications if the following scenario unfolded early next year: ?Saddam Hussein, on his own accord, might be exiled to a neighboring country where he will live out his remaining years in wealth and relative security. ?He will turn over governmental control to a contingency of Arab nations, monitored closely by delegates from the United Nations.

? ?

This unprecedented move will have multiple positive effects. ?It will ?ease tensions in a region embroiled in turmoil for over a decade; it will satisfy (albeit reluctantly and probably temporary) the Bush administration; it will install a much needed footing under wobly financial markets world-wide; finally, and most importantly, it will represent a non violent victory in the war on terrorism stemming negative world sentiment on the United States over aggressive foreign policy.

? ?

If you fail to consider this while trading you will unfortunately get what you deserve. ?Be smart and understand that absolute conviction is deadly to your portfolio.

Thanks for your concern. I have been short the qqq's the whole year with only a 25% profit to show for it and my gold stocks are only up over 100%. Can you save me from excessive bearishness? Tanks (see what I mean, I can't help myself). Oh, and GTNWORSE you still crack me up. Could you tell us that story again about the bulls, bears, pigs, and chickens. Tanks beary much.(kinda like the nasduck) :P

From this gov't's perspective, the worst thing that could happen is for peace to break out in Iraq.  They are counting on domination of the oil fields and the flanking of the Saudi's, Russians, Chinese, and Iran by virtue of controlling the oil and new military bases in the middle of the ME.  You could get a short market burst on the news, but with the gold gone out of the vaults, 100B barrels of oil is now necessary to fund the new American empire.  Beside's if GW is thwarted in his promise to undo Saddam, what kind of paper tiger would we be to N Korea and China re Taiwan.  Unfortunately the US is locked into moving ahead.

I saw a piece somewhere in the Russians trying to engineer a coup to oust Saddam.  Probably the only strategy for them to preserve their declining influence in the ME and in their need for export $ from oil.  Russia sinks if oil goes back to $12 a barrel.  Just my opinion and I hate it, but we're locked in.

The only way oil goes to twelve dollars a barrel is if there is a world wide depression. Period. End of story. No and, ifs, or buts. If the economy ramps up, not even seventeen. A war will be fought, lives lost, just to give all the oil away (along with the corresponding power). Don't make me laugh. You are hereby ordered to stop watching CNBS due to excessive brainwashing, although I do agree with your other points. :P

End - life on "the perimeter" is dangerous as both Jim and Jimi who cried "I want to see and hear everything" found out. Ass a DJ once said of Hendrix, after noting that lyric:

"Sure got HIS chance to 'see and hear everything'! Just a little TOO much partying..."

Don't get picked off by snipers in No Man's Land, or land mines or unexploded ordnance or...or..or....

So there's someone else saying both bull and bear may be FURustrated FUR a while is there? LMAZZOFF HRFF said that WEEKS ago! :lol: :lol:

And The BARE notes we have returned, and quickly, to the upper end of the trading range which, he thinks, in retrospect, will constitute one of THE great trading opportunities of the year...to the downside, tho every poodit and his BROTHER, practically speaking, thinx a year end rally will enSUE later this month into year's end.

We'll c.

And that same fellow agreeing w HRFF thinks 938 a make or break level? JUST about where HRFF said itz "doo-doo or DIE" FUR his "HAYWIRE THEORY"??? :o

LMAZZOFF

Well, it SEEMS, FUR the TIME BEING, anyhoo, that good ol' HAYWIRE THEORY kicked in at the lASSt second, ass it SHOULDa. B)

Now, will it STICK? Or do da "kriminals" as Wollie likes to call 'em, have more TRIX up their sleeves? :unsure:

TRIX r FUR kids!!!

Ravok, fine, yes $12 is too low......but there is a lower number intended to give the economy a boost and hold off the Russians and OPEC. Of course, they're just digital dollars so maybe it doesn't matter. But, holding Iraq eliminates the oil from being denominated in euros or gold dinars anywhere on the planet (again hyperbole but you know what I mean).

Crapvision!!!!!!!! puke gag cough....don't even have cable.....that is the ultimate stoolie insult you know......meet me at dawn in the park with your pistols sir!

Consider the ramifications if the following scenario unfolded early next year:  Saddam Hussein, on his own accord, might be exiled to a neighboring country where he will live out his remaining years in wealth and relative security.  He will turn over governmental control to a contingency of Arab nations, monitored closely by delegates from the United Nations.

This unprecedented move will have multiple positive effects.  It will  ease tensions in a region embroiled in turmoil for over a decade; it will satisfy (albeit reluctantly and probably temporary) the Bush administration; it will install a much needed footing under wobly financial markets world-wide; finally, and most importantly, it will represent a non violent victory in the war on terrorism stemming negative world sentiment on the United States over aggressive foreign policy.

If you fail to consider this while trading you will unfortunately get what you deserve.  Be smart and understand that absolute conviction is deadly to your portfolio.

Aheadsup: Here's a bit from Jim Puplava over at Financial Sense. I find him and Doc way ahead of the curve on this POS market. I like to read Jim for fundamentals and Doc for liquidity [and hence the market] and cycle timing. Damn powerful combination, let alone the contributed and combined genious of our little collection here at Stoolville. Took me a while to understand Doc's cycles but I think I'm getting it. The Anals of late [subscription] have been extremely explanatory of Doc's cycles and conclusions. This has helped me immensely of late and I'm getting damned confident lately. Thanks to all stoolies, but the good Doc especially! Muchos gracias amigo! Or at Stoolville, scratchy ass amigo! Oh I am so going to enjoy this winter for trading! Yeehaw! :grin:

Anyway, here's a ditty from from Jim Puplava tonight regarding the, ahem, war with Iraq:

Nations would follow a ?beggar thy neighbor? policy of competing currency devaluations. The trouble is with all governments inflating and printing unlimited amounts of money, the financial markets should be prepared for many unpleasant things to happen -- an approaching war being one of them. The Frenchman Frederick Bastiat once commented, ?When goods don?t cross borders, armies do.?

Saddam is cornered worse than Greenspan. I don't think I'd want to be in either of their shoes.

Crapvision, to those who love to slag the lying hypocrites who regularly appear, is a form of entertainment I wouldn't deprive myself of during the day. Why just today in between all the lying and/or incompetent guests and hosts a nice bitty came up featuring Bill Gross, who proclaimed to the world: "The bull market in U.S. bonds is OVER." Mexico offering 8% looks more attractive to him and to hell with U.S. bonds since the Fed Boyz, in three seperate speeches, have threatened to keep U.S. yields as low as possible for as long as possible until overcapacity has been consumed somehow. Bill Gross buys A LOT of bonds [and sells them, preferably for a profit] and his lack of interest in U.S. Treasuries CANNOT be a GOOD thing! Tonights Anals went right to the meat of that issue and non-subscribers are missing the best part of this awesome site!

So buck up $19.29 and see for yourself what you are missing. The price of a commision for a round trip trade for crying out loud!

Pile and Brian,

? I've done pretty well the last few days but will stick with the Doc's theory's here. ?Still too many dip buyers and scared shorts out there. Will close out the puts and short positions tommorrow if SPX hits 900. Unless for some reason we go into a freefall, and I seriously doubt that is going to happen. I've seen this play before and been burned. :(

got where you are coming from now. That's cool, can appreciate that feeling (pop paranoia), didn't know you were trading options. Even moving horizontal can kill ya :D

Good luck!

Archived