The "Good" Old Days - Part 1

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What just happened?

Futs went positive

Euro markets all looked to be reversing upward?

They catch Bin Laden again?

Rather a sad commentary on an industry when it's "most respected" members have fewer scruples than a two-dollar crack wh*re.

?

Morgan Stanley's Biggs says stocks in bottoming process?($INDU) by Tomi Kilgore @ MassacreWatch

?

Barton Biggs, global strategist at Morgan Stanley, believes stock markets around the world are in the process of making an important bottom. He noted that bottoms of bear markets are defined as the point of maximum bearishness and the current news is bad on both the geopolitical and economic fronts. "Furthermore," Biggs said in a note to clients, "since markets are discounting mechanisms, the news doesn't have to be brilliant for equities to rally; it just needs to be less bad than what has been discounted." On Monday, the Dow dropped 2.2 percent to a 5-month low with all 30 components losing ground. Overall market internals were overwhelmingly negative.

So, Mr. Biggs, where are your customers yachts?

?

?

crapvison also yapping about nickme beingdown @ 20 yr lows :o making fun of what tv program was on last time

nikkee was at these levels.

Ye who laughts first does not laught last :lol:

I hope ten year from now they show outtakes of that show that were on TV . . . Crapvision laughing at the Nikkei . . . back when the Dow was still at an amazing high of 7,600.

Oy and Wave-

You are referring to the phenomenon I noted that every bubble in the last century has launched a huge rally 36-39 months after the peak of the bubble. I've been watching this too. In this current winding down, there have already been a couple of huge rallies, so some of the pressure is off I think. I definitely wouldn't want to be short when the turn comes, but I like being a trend follower here, because of the potential for additional sharp losses, and I'd be willing to stay short until clear evidence the turn is in, even though I'd lose some of the gains.

Just a reminder. We are not allowed to repost copyrighted material in full without the publishers permission. Post a snippet (no more than a paragraph), and a link to the source.

We also like to keep our posts on this thread limited to short term and intraday trading matters and to keep them short and "pithy". Off topic and humorous posts are fine if they are SHORT!

Longer posts should be posted in their own thread in the appropriate Forum. (Links at left).

By following these simple suggestions this thread is more useful and more fun for all.

As for my suggestion yesterday to increase to 40 posts per page, it tends to overload the server when we are busy. 30 is probably the practical max. Be aware that when the thread is busy, upon refreshing the page you will often miss posts that end up on the prior page. If you want to be sure you didn't miss anything, you will need to back up to the previous page.

It's getting kind of crazy in here. But it sure is fun. Many tanks to all for dropping yours in!

Archived