Slobberknocker!

Oyster

Have you noticed that the ADX did not rise on your wave 1 count. By combining both, I suspect that the real downtrend did not start until the January high.

BTW, am most impressed by your insight.

Regards

WH

yes I completely agree....and I show that count on Crapvision........and my preferred...I play the minimal required....so I will already be alert as if counting a 5 when we are down there just in case.....we must be on our toes.....

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fidelity cuts pension forecast

Expects just 7% return, yet future liability up 36%

. . . Fidelity saw its future pension liability soar 36 percent last year, to $790.1 million, while the plan shed 2 percent of its assets, because of the market's slide. The annual report provides no details as to the investment mix of the plan. But the firm is now staring at a $415.5 million gap between cash on hand and the money it will have to pay retirees down the road. That's up 65 percent from the end of 2001 - and the figure is now roughly half of 2002 Fidelity's net income.

. . . During the boom, from 1996 to 1999, the average pension fund soared from being 85 percent funded to being overfunded, at 131 percent, according to Towers Perrin, a benefits consultancy. But by the end of last year, funding levels had slumped to 80 percent, the lowest since 1993. Fidelity is 47 percent funded; a year ago, it had 57 percent of the money on hand to meet its future obligations.

There's a lot of talk around this morning about amending the UN resolutuion to give Saddam a "final ultimatum" of two weeks, to do what is not clear. That would stretch things out to the end of March, from the time of possible passage by the security council. End of March, early April is the next new moon period (actual date is April 1!!).

My group is going for attack +/- 15th march because that is on a back Spiral from 29th July 2003 a major 'nuclear' date in our books...Too long to go into here....it's the work of a pupil of Chris Carolan's work Roy Fellars

My group is going for attack +/- 15th march because that is on a back Spiral from 29th July 2003 a major 'nuclear' date in our books...Too long to go into here....it's the work of a pupil of Chris Carolan's work Roy Fellars

Thanks, Oyster.

Beware the Ides of March?

Fidelity cuts pension forecast

Expects just 7% return, yet future liability up 36%

. . . Fidelity saw its future pension liability soar 36 percent last year, to $790.1 million, while the plan shed 2 percent of its assets, because of the market's slide. The annual report provides no details as to the investment mix of the plan. But the firm is now staring at a $415.5 million gap between cash on hand and the money it will have to pay retirees down the road. That's up 65 percent from the end of 2001 - and the figure is now roughly half of 2002 Fidelity's net income.

. . . During the boom, from 1996 to 1999, the average pension fund soared from being 85 percent funded to being overfunded, at 131 percent, according to Towers Perrin, a benefits consultancy. But by the end of last year, funding levels had slumped to 80 percent, the lowest since 1993. Fidelity is 47 percent funded; a year ago, it had 57 percent of the money on hand to meet its future obligations.

Yep, the time has come when they can't hold this back anymore. Lots more of this coming soon IMO. Raytheon also announced yesterday that they have a big problem with their pension fund.

Raytheon Warns on 2004 Earnings

I have a daily cycle turn due +/- March 10th....so things must move fast....or we just hang around here until that date and make a high......Intermediate cycles bottom a little later in March

Yep.

Thanks, Oyster.

Beware the Ides of March?

Troops have been told March 17th

with bombing to start 4 days earlier, which would put it smack on March 13th Bradley Turn Date

Troops 'told of March 17 invasion'

06mar03

BRITISH troops had been told an invasion of Iraq would begin on March 17, with a huge bombing campaign being launched four days earlier, the Daily Express in London has reported.

The tabloid quoted a senior government source, who it reported had direct access to British military planning in Kuwait, as saying that "everything is being geared up towards a ground invasion beginning on Monday week".

Is a "tabloid" the same thing in the UK as in the US? In other words, sensationalistic?

And, if this is true, why do they insist on giving out the information? Trying to level the playing field for Iraq? :blink:

Archived