The MIT TA Symposium March 6, 2003

bb, a good idea, looking for candidates.... You asked a long, long, long time ago, what I used for scanning.... I currently use sixer.com..as my primary scan source.....and you?

and anyone else,..... Always nice to be able to find the good stocks to trade.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bb, a good idea, looking for candidates.... You asked a long, long, long time ago, what I used for scanning.... I currently use sixer.com..as my primary scan source.....and you?

and anyone else,..... Always nice to be able to find the good stocks to trade.

My scanning method......

I use TC2000 end of day data service and utilze some scans which I wrote. From the scan list, I do like BB....I flip through each stock until I find something which looks "good or bad". I flag those "possible" symbols, and then if I am truly interested, I open up Tradestation and check the intraday charts.

I have been quite lax in recent months on scanning for stocks though.

To find suitable stocks to trade, I pick up Barron's on Sunday and check the new highs and new lows lists. Always interesting. I like to see the insider trading list, too -- and then check the charts on those.

Dow intraday is starting to look jammable again.

Market needs to make progress to the downside and should make it soon.

Negative breath without moving lower indicates that the selling is being absorbed. Not a good sign if you are a bear....

Need to push lower soon or it will "lauch" from here

good point, BB.

Afternoon update...

ES bbz 822.119 ~ 824.24

NQ bbz 983.897 ~ 985.276

breaking above bbz very often leads to major squeezage.

Still working off of yest desc trendlines (I only move them at EOD)

ES desc 824.75

NQ desc 987

Thanks for the idea's on scanning and candiate findings... I do much the same. With so many stocks, my approach is similiar to Rockheads.

Gruff, IQ charts has always been my charting service.... seems basic but does what I want.....

Pile Driver does some great scanning. He also posts his list. He picks stocks that fly below the radar so they don't get jammed.

You would think with the dollar just above .98 the market would tank. European money should be flying out of this POS.

Archived