Punitive Damages?

From last Friday's New York Post:

A suicidal man whose attempt to hang himself failed because the rope snapped is planning to sue the manufacturer.

Victor Dodoi, 45, of Botosani, Romania, tried to hang himself from a light fixture in his living room, but the rope broke under his weight and brought the light and part of the ceiling crashing down on top of him.

"I want to sue them." he said. "They have caused me more misery than I felt before."

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Landis was on Crapvision today.

Just how bad of a fund manager do you have to be before they will no longer

let you come on their network?

Here's a two year chart on all the First Hand funds.

We lost 70% of your money, but please send more.

If Saddam Hussein advertised on Crapvision, I'm sure they would have him on

to get his stock picks.

Semis under pressure:

Morgan Stanley's tech festival this week is not producing any positive news. In fact its not producing any news at all. Hedgies bought the semis last week into this event and IMHO it is now a crowded long.

Also Bernstein has issued a negative note on NSM. they expect NSm to meet their number and guide full year down. Looks like the preannouncement season is kicking off.

Royal Gold (RGLD)

I've got to ask about your spontaneous thoughts on this stock. It's down 30% on a

damning article in Barron's over the weekend. Supposedly at $350 / ounce, RGLD is

worth $4.59 a share. At $400 an ounce, RGLD would be worth $5.14 a share... :(

Are there any experienced traders who can tell me what to expect in the near

future? Have everyone really misjudged Royal Gold so badly that it corrects more

than 50% without bouncing? Shorts look immortal right now! The volume is way

larger than usual at 5 million. Should I expect a horrific follow through tomorrow?

Thanx,

pitBull

12:37 PM Royal Gold (RGLD: sentiment, chart, options) has been able to benefit from the runup in gold prices, rising from a low of $2.31 in December 2000 to last month's peak of $28.80. However, an article in Barron's has raised questions about the stock valuations and charged the stock with being overvalued. After slipping for most of the past month, the shares have lost another 28 percent today. RGLD had been averaging about 550 calls and 350 puts a day until volume picked up on February 21, when they started trading about 1,400 of each in the March and April series. Today has seen a modest 1,700 calls to 1,400 puts. ?JW

twenny half twenny half 4 bid at 5 bid at 5 4 five even thirty even thirty twenny half even thirty thirty last even thirty four bidatfive even thirty...

Yes, but the funniest part is the guy in the background saying "F$#* this" and "I'm so tired of this $(*^ing day after day" -- and the other guy sayin' "watch out or I'll F#$* you again!" :D :D

To whom it may concern?and anyone else?

Long post, sorry?

They are already running the presses red hot pumping debt into the...

Debt< --- backed by--- > debt (Fiat) fractional reserve system...

The money supply minus the "currency in circulation" is debt to the tune of 32 Trillion...

The key to a debt backed system is the exponential expansion of debt...

It can't run forever... It has been running for 32 years already... 13-18 months is all it has left... maybe sooner.

The only way to go, is to lower interest rates... Inflation?

Lower rates to the Japan level and the banks go bankrupt because the debt volume will not produce enough compound interest (Food to sustain the banks). raise rates and borrowing slows more and the banks go bankrupt due to a decrease in debt volume... more of a decrease in volume than higher rates can make up for... (not enough compound interest food production). Again the banking system starves in any event... checkmate.

Debt = Liquidity

When the real estate miracle ends, the end of this sorry story will be Hyper... Hyper "debt" deflationary...

Liquidity will dry up in the blink of an eye...

Until wages double, inflation does not exist...

Uncle Ben (Bernanke) is a moron... Unless they start buying real estate... then what happens when we get to the stage of houses rising in price by the millisecond?

It will never happen...People can't move or refinance every millisecond... Can they build a house in a millisecond? Are debt free, gainfully employed adults created every millisecond? Will they double the speed limits?

Uncle Ben and the rest of the economics wanabe?s have played one too many games of Sim city...

Read over and over again?

Today's high took place pretty much right at the same place as the high on July 9th of last year right before market dropped 200 points.

Same # of trading days from May SPX 1107 high to 6%+ scorcher rally into July 9th as the # of days from Jan SPX 935 high to today.

I'm positioned the same way today as then, hopefully same result B)

twenny half twenny half 4 bid at 5 bid at 5 4 five even thirty even thirty twenny half even thirty thirty last even thirty four bidatfive even thirty...

Yes, but the funniest part is the guy in the background saying "F$#* this" and "I'm so tired of this $(*^ing day after day" -- and the other guy sayin' "watch out or I'll F#$* you again!" :D :D

Yup- caught that. Have SPX in one channel and NDX in the other...

3 bid at 4 twenny half twenny half 3 bid at 4 twenny bid and a half twenny bid THREE BID AT FOUR twenny bid and a half twenny bid anna half...

Archived