Arousal Monitor

Perhaps in keeping with this morning's opening and certain subsequent posts, this from anecdotage.com:

Scientists once conducted a curious experiment with an "arousal monitor" and various British Members of Parliament and the House of Lords. Incredibly, the gentlemen appeared more "hot and bothered" when shown pictures of Margaret Thatcher than when shown photos of scantily clad pin-up girls.

When the same test was conducted on other men, the models beat the Iron Lady hands down.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps in keeping with this morning's opening and certain subsequent posts, this from anecdotage.com:

Scientists once conducted a curious experiment with an "arousal monitor" and various British Members of Parliament and the House of Lords. Incredibly, the gentlemen appeared more "hot and bothered" when shown pictures of Margaret Thatcher than when shown photos of scantily clad pin-up girls.

When the same test was conducted on other men, the models beat the Iron Lady hands down.

With respect to the Iron Lady...

sweef- I love you man. Perhaps, in anger, I did not make clear what I meant. There is a wide diversity of opinion on this site, but it is a bear site. All I said was that I don't want to see third party advisory opinions on THIS THREAD, which is supposedly devoted to short term trading issues. I am interested in what YOU think, not what Joe Schmoe Advisory thinks. Furthermore, there are lots of other places on the Stool Pigeons Wire where opposing points of view can be posted. There's even a Forum that specializes in "gaming the tape", which, of course, I don't believe in.

There is no limit to the topics which can be opened for discussion, and if there's an interest, we can always open more forums. We have Political Stool. We have TheoStool. We have a TA Forum and an Intraday TA only thread. We have Mark, We have SG. They frequently take opposing sides. What else do you want? You want a bullish forum, hell I'll open a BullStool. But I can guarantee you that I won't participate, that's for sure. We had Dr. Bull. He went over like a lead balloon.

Narrow? You can say pretty much whatever you want here. I ask you, what other site is more accomodating?

If its too narrow in that it has a bearish orientation, and you have turned bullish, then you will need to try a different website. The Stool is was it is, bigger than ever, and more diverse than ever, but still a bear site.

I've been busy most of the AM - is this the war rally, or more "gaming"? Stupid question, I guess. I beleive Doc and SG, but I've got no interest in "gaming" during the war - going straight to cash and physical metals soon.

I may be out today. I put my money on a meltdown before hostilties. I do not want any cash in a brokerage account once the fireworks start - sorry, just paranoid lil' ole me. Oh, maybe a hail-Mary put or two. Not much anyway. Lets hope for a reversal --if we go off to the races, I'm covering until the dust settles.

rog,

thanks for the priceless explanation and the observation.

so i guess that's the only way the position holder could get that much leverage. so he must not have his own shares to lend out in lieu of selling puts.

I wonder what that just did to the max pain calc for Jan 04? Tremendous pressure to push it down.

Maybe a hail mary but maybe somebody who wants to pull a 2003 version of Jimmy Jones Cramer Desert Storm in 1991. hehe

rr

comments from investortoolbox.com. Market Forcast

Fits with the thread theme

The intermediate cycle has begun to roll over with the most current market action over the past few sessions. This has not been unexpected if you have been following my commentary during the past month. We are on the downside slope of the 12 week intermediate cycle and rallies from this area are typically weak, often driving markets back up to their 20 and even 30 day moving averages but failing to penetrate them with heavy volume. That's happening again. The failure to rally at this point may lead some institutions to try and dump questionable securities (isn't that an interesting term for them) before they get caught holding long, should the downside become brisk once more.

The markets' support currently rests at 7750 on the Dow and 1275 on the NASDAQ. A break below those support levels would likely lead to quick a retest of the October lows. Bounces up on the short term remain likely, but as volume remains low, an upside breakout cannot take place. We'll look for a resolution of this intermediate cycle over the next two to three weeks.

Again, does anyone have the symbol FUR that commodities based fund mentioned here SNOT 'long' ago ??

Tia!!!

Realist, et. al - Well HRFF just got an interesting phone call. From one of his fishing friends - a real estate agent, a VERY successful real estate agent, one who has NEVER bothered to call him with such a question beFUR and he's known him almost 15 years.

"Do you know of anyone who wants to buy a house? I've got a lot of houses just sitting on the market. They've been there over 45 days - far longer than they should have."

No, sez The BARE. Are they new houses? The data this morning FUR them was terrible.

No. All existing homes, came the answer.

oh. he also revealed he just bought a home himself well over .5m... He owns several millions in properties with mortgages of half the CURRENTLY appraised value.

This only a day after HRFF overheard a snatch of conversation at lunch about all the FUR RENT ? signs popping up in Seattle's "tony" Queen Anne neighborhood near downtown with it's million $ views.

Well, that's it FUR now. Back to the grindstone and keeping half an eye on the latest manipulation.

comments from investortoolbox.com. Market Forcast

Fits with the thread theme

The intermediate cycle has begun to roll over with the most current market action over the past few sessions. This has not been unexpected if you have been following my commentary during the past month. We are on the downside slope of the 12 week intermediate cycle and rallies from this area are typically weak, often driving markets back up to their 20 and even 30 day moving averages but failing to penetrate them with heavy volume. That's happening again. The failure to rally at this point may lead some institutions to try and dump questionable securities (isn't that an interesting term for them) before they get caught holding long, should the downside become brisk once more.

The markets' support currently rests at 7750 on the Dow and 1275 on the NASDAQ. A break below those support levels would likely lead to quick a retest of the October lows. Bounces up on the short term remain likely, but as volume remains low, an upside breakout cannot take place. We'll look for a resolution of this intermediate cycle over the next two to three weeks.

oops.. Hope this is not too out of place. IG :lol:

Archived