B4 The Bell, PreThursday, April 28

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think all Gold and Silver are reflecting is DEFLATION-all those folks who have lost their jobs at good wages and with bennies, are now working for much less with no bennies, they pay little or no income tax to the state or the feds which means the deficit will grow and grow and of course they will consume less and less. An example we have at the mo a Province wide Hospital Employee strike-these are orderlies, practical nurses, kitchen workers, laundry workers, security guards etc not well paid to begin with $14-$15 an hour with bennies. Our cash starved Government is asking for a 40% reduction in wages and zero benefits or we just can you all and contract the work out. Can you see the future in the race to the bottom?? I can.

Gold and silver have done well in a deflationary environment in the past.

Really B$$4 what has changed to support such a massacre in the metals?

The US triple deficits have gone parabolic. The suspect, very limited strength in the US dollar does not suggest the globe is enamored with the buck. The Japanese are not showing up to lap up US debt as they have so kindly done in the past. I still believe the metals will have their day, hopefully while I'm still around to enjoy it!

Crapvision now saying metals weakness can be blamed on China trying to reel in

overheating economy

Move along folks BUY GSEs

Why is gold lower?

Because on a day when no news could be expected to rescue the selloff in both stocks and bonds, the Matrix needed to eliminate the prospect of a shift into a new investment class.

Guest yobob1

Brian I disagree with your thoughts on gold and silver reflecting deflation at current price levels. Since 1900 when gold was priced at $20, the dollar has lost 98% of it's purchasing power. In other words on an inflation adjusted basis the price of gold should be $1000. What we are witnessing is outright manipulation/and or hedge funds gone wild. As silver moves towards $5.50, I will scale in purchases. I view this as a freebie from the matrix.

My economic scenario of massive deflation and severe depression means mining for base metals will be strongly curtailed. The majority of silver production comes as a byproduct of base metal mining. Pure silver mines cannot operate at these prices. The BS of digital photography is a smokescreen. Most of the silver used in photography is reclaimed. Therefore even if no film were used the loss of the reclaimed silver on the supply side offsets the loss on the demand side. In fact the silver consumed in the production of digital devices and storage media, coupled with the silver used in the digital printing process (photo paper) may actually cause an increase in consumption on a relative basis, as there is little or no reclamation of silver used in these devices and processes.

Archived