IDS World Markets Fri 12th October 07

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say it ain't so. Hank :angry:

MARKET SOS TO THE SEC

By JOHN CRUDELE

October 11, 2007 -- DID Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke give away any secrets to Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson when the two had an hour-long lunch on Aug. 16?

And did Paulson share what he and Bernanke discussed with anyone in the hours immediately after that lunch?

Those are two key questions that the Securities & Exchange Commission needs to address if the integrity of the financial markets is to be protected.

Those points are particularly pertinent because Paulson has confessed that he "talks regularly to market participants," the kind of folks who could profit handsomely from the slightest hint as to what the chairman of the Fed is thinking

http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/print...._to_the_sec.htm

Well, like I said he has been the butt of many jokes here. On the other hand, a member of my family, whom I love, admire, and trust totally, heaped extraordinary praise on the man, and he did so in response to a direct question from me without a second's hesitation.

So, you can take whatever you want from all the sites around the web dedicated to ridiculing the man. I have an opinion from someone close to me who works for him and knows him fairly well. I give that some weight.

Each side of the Gore debate has its adherents. I think we can leave that at that. It's off topic anyway.  I should not have raised it.

614638[/snapback]

I wasn't really poking fun there, Doc. The Pro-Gore web page was a little over the top but it made the case that he 'created the legislation' that made the public internet possible. That's a big score for all of us and needs to be differentiated from the street interpretation that he 'invented the internet'.

Say it ain't so. Hank :angry:

MARKET SOS TO THE SEC

By JOHN CRUDELE

October 11, 2007 -- DID Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke give away any secrets to Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson when the two had an hour-long lunch on Aug. 16?

And did Paulson share what he and Bernanke discussed with anyone in the hours immediately after that lunch?

Those are two key questions that the Securities & Exchange Commission needs to address if the integrity of the financial markets is to be protected.

Those points are particularly pertinent because Paulson has confessed that he "talks regularly to market participants," the kind of folks who could profit handsomely from the slightest hint as to what the chairman of the Fed is thinking

http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/print...._to_the_sec.htm

614656[/snapback]

Those people really got to wake up and smell the roses.

First, the Fed clearly states that they coordinate action with the primary dealers/major market players. So, if the lower masses in the Fed can do it, why can't the bosses do it?

Second, the banking system is not governed by the antitrust laws (according to the DOJ Antitrust Guidelines). So what is the possible outcome of any investigation?

Fools.

Once again the media does a half-??? job and fail to see what is in plain sight right in front of them.

Spoozer busted the trendline off the 9/24 lows (1507) with some authoritah yesterday. Now we need to find out whether it was a fakedown breakdown or not. I s'pose a move back over 1565 should answer that question.

Pulling back a bit further, the SPX is now pivoting around the topping zone from July b/w 1532-1555. If/when 1532 gives way, it opens up a move back down to 1490-1510ish.

If we get a selldown to those lower levels, looks like a brick wall formed down around 1490ish where the neckline of the reverse McHuge is located.

So if we do get a near-term top, whether now or later this month, strikes me that the downside would be contained in the 1490ish zone, which would be about a 5.5% decline from the 1576 peak. Obviously, if we go higher than 1576, then the selloff would/could be larger in pct terms.

Of course, if 1532-1540 holds, the Spoozer might just keep on a-rampin' to points unknown without a smackdoodle. There's always that possibility.

But with so many of the gitchies giving off frothy signals, there's a good chance the fraudexes will need to get at least a brief 5%+ whuppin' to re-set the table a bit.

It's unusual to see froth rear its head in Oct, since this is more frequently a month where we find dDover Sole lows. But that's the way the crooks have set it up this time 'round.

post-2169-1192200757_thumb.jpg

post-2169-1192200769_thumb.jpg

Archived