Onerous opacity

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bernanke uses the stock market as a policy tool. He knows how to goose it and he does at key points. He's pushing for a breakout here.

1. Goldman says buy stocks - Check

2. CME cuts margin - Check

3. Chairman Bernanke jawbones - Check

4. TJ is all cash - Check

Edit:

5. Doc's comments in the PE about the timeline for a top - Check

By the way, thanks for your response to my post over the weekend Doc.

What's up with New York Times and Goldman Sachs?

New York Times

Anger at Goldman Still Simmers

By GRETCHEN MORGENSON

Published: March 25, 2012

While the market turmoil contributed to its problems, Marc Cohodes, head of Copper River, says that a significant force behind the failure was Goldman Sachs, which for years had been the firm’s broker.

--

As the stocks continued climbing, Mr. Cohodes came to believe that Goldman was buying the stocks that he was short ahead of him, driving up their prices and making Copper River’s short-covering purchases even more costly, he testified.

Mr. Cohodes continued: “The stock market was literally falling apart, going straight down. And our short positions would have benefited hugely by the market falling apart and melting down. But the stocks that we had to cover were all going straight up in violent fashions in a straight-down market.” Someone, he said, was driving up his price.

--

“I think Goldman Sachs is a racketeering entity that does whatever they can to make a dime without conscience, thought, foresight or care about ramifications,” Mr. Cohodes concluded in his testimony. “I think they are cold-blooded and could care less about the law. That’s my opinion. I think I can back it up.”

Anger at Goldman Still Simmers

1. Goldman says buy stocks - Check

2. CME cuts margin - Check

3. Chairman Bernanke jawbones - Check

4. TJ is all cash - Check

Edit:

5. Doc's comments in the PE about the timeline for a top - Check

By the way, thanks for your response to my post over the weekend Doc.

So... the muppets are buying or selling?

MuppetsWallpaper1024.jpg

So... the muppets are buying or selling?

MuppetsWallpaper1024.jpg

If I were to do anything, I will be buying if I take the news reel literally. I mean how else can those performing God's work could continue to do their selfless service. TJ's caution likely indicates that the top should be arriving in a few months, kind of jives with Doc's pronouncements. The molding of inveshtor psychology goes along with that.

But then I am a proud Muppet myself :ph34r:

Not sure you guys/gals saw this new product, exactly what I am looking for:

Press Release New ETF:

Prckshares (aka GoldmanSachless) a delaware conman company proudly announces its latest scam with Stock symbol UFKD. Investors who go long this con er sorry I mean ETF stock will lose all their money every day except when the inverse short futures derivative of the underlying 8x reverse future option when any tossed coin in the CME does not land on either side but on its edge and is witnessed by the entire floor traders department. We are allowed to bring this to market because literally anything goes in the USA because the SEC are out of town having a party with the proceeds. <br style="font-family: georgia, 'times new roman', times; text-align: left; font-size: small; ">

Full Disclosure: I am long and strong UFKD

Not sure you guys/gals saw this new product, exactly what I am looking for:

Press Release New ETF:

Prckshares (aka GoldmanSachless) a delaware conman company proudly announces its latest scam with Stock symbol UFKD. Investors who go long this con er sorry I mean ETF stock will lose all their money every day except when the inverse short futures derivative of the underlying 8x reverse future option when any tossed coin in the CME does not land on either side but on its edge and is witnessed by the entire floor traders department. We are allowed to bring this to market because literally anything goes in the USA because the SEC are out of town having a party with the proceeds. <br style="font-family: georgia, 'times new roman', times; text-align: left; font-size: small; ">

Full Disclosure: I am long and strong UFKD

I'm donging URFKD...

Archived