B4 The Bell, Thursday September 2

Linda Rasckhe..........compression meter is in "lock and load" position.

What it means is a trending move is going to erupt...........

Now, with what Wollenchuk........bleated yesterday about FED priming

and with commander cody speaking tonight, one would think the marching

orders are for ...up...whatever cost.

If this was looking like gap up this morning , I would say....it craps....

but it looks like flat open..............if it runs up.........and depending on

what tape is reading.............I think there good chance, of a substantial

move............DOWN.............................................................................

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This from urbansurvival:

Of course, we expect a big run up in the Dow today or tomorrow, because we received this interesting post from a knowledgeable Fed watcher:

"There will be a seismic event tomorrow based only on the presence of over $100 Billion in intra-day repo pool funds. I'm betting the event will launch the DOW.

The Federal Reserve today added $4.25B in temps today, September 1rst 2004, an action that caused the repo pool to stay very high at $57.012B. There are two MAJOR events in today's brief commentary:

First, the Fed has an enormous expiration of $24.5Billion set for tomorrow (today - GU) that nicely coincides with the peak of the Republican Convention and my long expected launch date for a DOW recovery. The massive expiration means that the Fed will issue a similar amount of repos in the AM, leaving around $50B in intra-day repos added to the EXISTING repo pool of $57Billion Thus we may see an intra-day total of over $100Billion available for primary dealer actions. I will let you decide if this mountain of money is just a coincidence.

Can any Fed watchers confirm this level?

http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm

DJ * US Jobless Claims +19K To 362K Aug 28 Week

Economists expected 339 000k

Can't wait for tomorrow.

That's a fairly large (5% - 10%) deviation from what "our" brilliant economists were expecting, to the bad side, yet barely any reaction at all occurred in currency and metals prices.

Did anybody see any reaction in the spoos, even a temporary one?

Everybody may be waiting for non-farm, and also I believe unemployment % -- tomorrow's announcement(s) from the Ministry of Plenty.

I said last night that today would be a one way day and it will as it opens it will close implode or explode?? Based on the Astro's I think the former-BIG window at the bell for 1 hour, Helmets on, Buckle up! September is/has always been the worst month of the year for the Markets come Hell or Highwater. Now I have been away on vacation and it looks like while I was gone things got outta hand. I was asked last nite if Mark was banned from this thread-Huh? No Mark is welcome where that came from I have no idea?? Last nights emotional outbursts were just plain stupid and won't be tolerated as HB as has already noted. Lock N Load! ;)

This from urbansurvival:

Of course, we expect a big run up in the Dow today or tomorrow, because we received this interesting post from a knowledgeable Fed watcher:

"There will be a seismic event tomorrow based only on the presence of over $100 Billion in intra-day repo pool funds. I'm betting the event will launch the DOW.

The Federal Reserve today added $4.25B in temps today, September 1rst 2004, an action that caused the repo pool to stay very high at $57.012B. There are two MAJOR events in today's brief commentary:

First, the Fed has an enormous expiration of $24.5Billion set for tomorrow (today - GU) that nicely coincides with the peak of the Republican Convention and my long expected launch date for a DOW recovery. The massive expiration means that the Fed will issue a similar amount of repos in the AM, leaving around $50B in intra-day repos added to the EXISTING repo pool of $57Billion Thus we may see an intra-day total of over $100Billion available for primary dealer actions. I will let you decide if this mountain of money is just a coincidence.

Can any Fed watchers confirm this level?

http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm

I think they are adding the intra-day market of $50B, repos major banks have among themseves during the day, to the regular inter-day pool of $50B, which refers to the Feds repos with the market.

While I have been saying the Fed is accelerating its money activities for 2.5 months now, I don't see today's potential activity as being especially unusual.

In fact, I expect the Fed to reduce its repo pool slightly today - but that is just a guess. And I think the market may close slightly to moderately lower. Plus the market usually drops after an appearnace by Bush.

So I guess the anal cysts didn't include Charley's impact in their estimate.

Move along.

The number was above the 340,000 that Wall Street anal cysts had been expecting, BUT a Labor Department anal cyst attributed much of the gain to people seeking benefits in the aftermath of Charley, which slammed into south Florida last month.

Spikes up in jobless claims explained by the weather? That's just great. The excuses and apology get lamer and lamer by the day.

It sure is nice to see the Ministry of Truth cooperating with the Ministry of Plenty so smoothly on this. The branches of "our" government are working so well together.

I said last night that today would be a one way day and it will as it opens it will close implode or explode?? Based on the Astro's I think the former-BIG window at the bell for 1 hour, Helmets on, Buckle up! September is/has always been the worst month of the year for the Markets come Hell or Highwater. Now I have been away on vacation and it looks like while I was gone things got outta hand. I was asked last nite if Mark was banned from this thread-Huh? No Mark is welcome where that came from I have no idea?? Last nights emotional outbursts were just plain stupid and won't be tolerated as HB as has already noted. Lock N Load! ;)

Mark is not banned and is still welcome.

Now let's make some money. I have a funny feeling :P that if B$'s decline doesn't show up today it will tommorow.

Is the Comex closed ?

We could only be so lucky. The action there is just dead, like in all the "markets" this morning. Wank Street has opened with a big yawn.

Nice break for Da Boyz. Release a crappy number, that our high paid and esteemed "experts" missed by a mere 10%, while nobody is trading, because everybody is either on vacation or too fixated on whether or not shrub will be able to form a complete sentence in the English language tonight.

Archived