Chancy coalescence

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w?s=%5EAORD

The market was buoyant in the arvo lifting All Ords +0.9%. Gold +3.1% remained leader followed by Materials +1.9% and Miners +1.8%. IT was the only downer, -0.5%.

All green in Asia: China +0.5%, Honkers +1.3%, India +2% and Nikkers +2.2%.

On to UK/Europe:

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

Haven't seen one of these in a very long while...and while one data point doesn't make a trend, it can certainly be added to the anecdotal pile

Hip-Hop Artist Drake Sells Two Condos in Downtown Miami

...Hip-hop artist Drake, whose real name is Aubrey Drake Graham, has sold two adjacent downtown-Miami condo units for $2.5 million. They came on the market in January for $2.4 million.

...Mr. Graham, who is originally from Canada, purchased the units in January 2011 for about $1.9 million total, according to public records. Through a representative, he declined to comment.

Paging inveshtment shentiment readers, including TJ, for their take on this news...

Investors ride the bond ETF wave

By Marla Brill

Thu Mar 8, 2012 9:54am EST

This surge in demand, particularly for bond exchange-traded fund at the higher end of the risk spectrum, comes amid signals that the bond market could stumble as an improving economy and the possibility of rising interest rates makes them less attractive compared to stocks. Investors are beating the bushes for alternatives to low yields on money markets and CDs.

As investors have become more confident about markets, they have begun to dip their toes into riskier assets for higher returns. The buying-binge for bond ETFs has coincided with increased investor demand for corporate debt.

At ETF powerhouse iShares, two funds that focus on corporate bonds - the iBoxx $ High Yield Corporate Bond Fund and the iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond ETF - have accounted for 78 percent of inflows into the firm's fixed-income products so far in 2012.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/08/us-column-yourmoney-etfs-idUSBRE8270U420120308

Haven't seen one of these in a very long while...and while one data point doesn't make a trend, it can certainly be added to the anecdotal pile

Hip-Hop Artist Drake Sells Two Condos in Downtown Miami

...Hip-hop artist Drake, whose real name is Aubrey Drake Graham, has sold two adjacent downtown-Miami condo units for $2.5 million. They came on the market in January for $2.4 million.

...Mr. Graham, who is originally from Canada, purchased the units in January 2011 for about $1.9 million total, according to public records. Through a representative, he declined to comment.

I would assume he built them out. New luxury condos are usually sold as shells.

The idea on the chart below is, obviously, the bullish idea, but don't think that it is written in stone, even though odds favor it. If price breaks the lower parallel, then that would be a good indicator that something bearish is occurring.

Going to take a nice dump and then I am off to New Jersey.

post-350-133113117674_thumb.png

I still think crapotle is going to make new highs and possibly even get near top of channel.

Just got back from Jersey and New York and glad to be home. New York definitely not the place for me, but I had a good time.

Not much change on the open. 3 day cycle projection of 1368 has been hit. New 2 day cycle projection looks 1370. 5 day cycle projection backs down a bit to 1373-74. 5 day cycle indicator on the cusp. Should go to sell side later today but may hit projection first.

I still think crapotle is going to make new highs and possibly even get near top of channel.

Just got back from Jersey and New York and glad to be home. New York definitely not the place for me, but I had a good time.

CMG is a cult stock just like AAPL.

I stopped effing with that after trying to step into a midtown crapotle for lunch. The line was wrapped around the interior of the walls. The wait was about 30 minutes. I tried again a few days later and it's the same thing. I tried again in a different location and it's the same thing. Between the hours of 12-3pm in NYC, crapotle is a money machine. They must do over 2-3K orders a day at 10 dollar per order.

Archived