B4 The Bell Humpday 13

Regarding the debate:

Last night Bush looked straight into the camera and told Americans that they were better off because he had given them each a bit of charity, in the form of a tax cut...and then went on to tell everybody in Mexico that:

"Any Mexican who's worth his salt should find his way into the United States to earn $5 per hour here instead of .50 cents an hour there."

For those who are unemployed and desparate in this country, their President just told them that because they are Americans, no $5 per hour job is worth taking...and that's why we are opening our borders to those in Mexico who can only earn .50 an hour working in a factory making the stuff that used to be made in the US, that led to the reason that ANY job is starting to look better than no job at all. So for all of you who are unemployed, you have been given permission to remain on welfare by your President, if your only other option is to work for "Mexican Wages."

Kerry had a golden opportunity to "go off" on Bush on these topics and explain the all Americans really want is a job...not charity in the form of "payola." Bush is clearly buying people's votes using their own money. This isn't leadership. Kerry didn't seize on it.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kerry didn't sieze any opportunities throught this political season. This whole thing is a charade. Two major league schmucks if you ask me. I don't care how much money or power they may have. Kerry won't change anything economically and he is not anti war enough for me. He has not said he would pull out of Iraq quickly. We lose either way. I still am not sure what I do on election day. These two don't cut it for me.

Archived