B4 The Bell - Friday

Guest Icky Twerp

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I was very sorry to see Jr leave. One of the goals of the matrix is to halt all dissent. LLD: Ever wonder why it is so hard to find "The Crature from Jecklly Island"?

:ph34r: :ph34r:

The fed probably buying every issue they can get their hands on.

Cant let that kind of information become common knowledge!

Again if you liked Jeckly Island get a copy of "When Genius Failed"

One of the best reads in my lifetime.

A big net drain from the Fed, with just 1.5B in weekend repos just added against 8.75B expiring, -7.25B.

B4 The Bell, Turdsday February 5 (Pages 1 2 3 ...5 )

Hiding Bear

Posted on: Feb 5 2004, 10:24 PM

Replies: 188

Views: 3786 Pre-G7 jitters and positioning. The Japanese know that attempts to bring down the yen (over 106) are futile.

The Japanese monetary system is operating under great stress handling the vast amount of intervention $s purchase the last 5 months. The BOJ is now selling off large quantities of its Japanese yen bill holdings to buy US treasuries. They would like other countries to pick up the intervention slack, but no one will probably step up to the plate right now.

The Fed?s daily repo action lately is still somewhat puzzling lately (i.e. adding repos to the monetary base and then withdrawing them a few days later). Maybe they could be just positioning to add some repos back in time for the upcoming, near record, Treasury auctions.

There are some signs here the economy may have a small upward bounce in January, but there are no indications from the money supply that any type of strong and widespread economic recovery is in progress

The above is what I said last night, and it is even truer today. The recent actions of both the Fed and BOJ are now beyond puzzling, and becoming schizophrenic.

The stock market is not being supported by the Fed (or at least only at a minimal level based on the ?other assets? account at the Fed), but by Joe6pack putting money into his/her 401k and mutual funds. In fact, the Fed/BOJ are now creating conditions that may lead to a significant sell off once J6Pk has exhausted him/herself. Exhaustion because the amount of the money going into the market exceeds net savings, or in other words money is being borrowed for stock purchases. When the market begins its decline, such a strategy will quickly end.

An old farmer in Georgia had owned a large farm for

several years.

He had a large pond in the back, fixed up nice; picnic

tables, horseshoe courts, basket ball court, etc. The

pond was properly shaped and fixed up for swimming

when it was built.

One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the

pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it

over. As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting

and laughing with glee.

As he came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women

skinny dipping in his pond.