B4 The Bell Moonday July 26

Hate to start a frakas here, but the only controlled implosions are in the minds of conspiracy theorists. :lol:

I have read many of these sites. There are a number of self-appointed engineering, materials and forensic experts who posit material that just doesn't hold up to critical analysis. Furthermore there are a lot of hucksters preying on the emotions of victims and victims famillies. Pitiful.

One word is key here. EXOSKELETON. Having grown up around NYC and having watched the towers being erected the most obvious characteristic of the towers was that the skeleton was on the outside. There was little in the way of central support. The buildings swayed on windy days. Severing mulitple beams at a 45 degreee angle can weaken floor supports to an extent that a cascade of collapsing floors occurs. Add enough heat to warp the floor supports and the process accelerates.

A big deal is made over the relatively low temperature that kerosene burns. What they forget is that what was burning was also cube walls, wall coverings, floor coverings, electronics equipment, furniture, documents, people, etc. From my vantage point looking south from lower 6th Ave., there was plenty of flame.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hate to start a frakas here, but the only controlled implosions are in the minds of conspiracy theorists. :lol:

I have read many of these sites. There are a number of self-appointed engineering, materials and forensic experts who posit material that just doesn't hold up to critical analysis. Furthermore there are a lot of hucksters preying on the emotions of victims and victims famillies. Pitiful.

One word is key here. EXOSKELETON. Having grown up around NYC and having watched the towers being erected the most obvious characteristic of the towers was that the skeleton was on the outside. There was little in the way of central support. The buildings swayed on windy days. Severing mulitple beams at a 45 degreee angle can weaken floor supports to an extent that a cascade of collapsing floors occurs. Add enough heat to warp the floor supports and the process accelerates.

A big deal is made over the relatively low temperature that kerosene burns. What they forget is that what was burning was also cube walls, wall coverings, floor coverings, electronics equipment, furniture, documents, people, etc. From my vantage point looking south from lower 6th Ave., there was plenty of flame.

WORD!

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/analysis/o...al/trusses.html

anotherone - all engineering questions are dealt with here. I watched it too and I don't buy the official line.

And not well, IMO. The bottom line is the towers collapsed. To get enough explosives inside to do a controlled demolition strains credulity.

I am a proponent of Occam's Razor. The simplest explaination works.

Working up a list of possible hedge buys to start tracking.

ABGX, NPSP, LSI, TSM, AMCC, LSCC, GFI, HUGO, IVAN

Most of these are at or near 52 week lows and are under $10.00

tall buildings are designed to sway slightly in the wind, it's how the structure relieves stresses from the wind load

"plenty of flame" isn't the point, it's the temperature of the flame. Steel requires 800 F or something like that to just begin to soften, and you're not going to get there with jet fuel and office accoutrement without a seriously high-pressure oxygen supply, which couldn't have been present. This is why jet engines have compressor fans, and cars have pistons for air-fuel mix compression. In addition, all that dark smoke says it was a "cold" flame, i.e. incomplete combustion, probably no hotter than 500F here and there.

Please, have a listen to the Jim Hoffman audio link I posted yesterday.

tall buildings are designed to sway slightly in the wind, it's how the structure relieves stresses from the wind load

"plenty of flame" isn't the point, it's the temperature of the flame. Steel requires 800 F or something like that to just begin to soften, and you're not going to get there with jet fuel and office accoutrement without serious pressure, which couldn't have been present. In additoin, all that dark smoke says it was a "cold" flame, i.e. incomplete combustion, probably no hotter than 500F here and there.

Please, have a listen to the Jim Hoffman audio link I posted yesterday.

And books burn at 451 degrees F. Michael Moore burns at 911 degress F. I've seen memorial sculptures made from the heat warped girders. One memorial here in Jersey City at the foot of Grand Street.

Depending how and when you watched there was a lot of black smoke, but also quite a lot of flame. The flame came later. At least from my vantage point. My view is it took the fuel a while to act as an accelerant for everything else in the building. There was one video of the building showing molten metal dripping down the side. It obviously got hot enough.

Archived