Trader Daily Magazine

An eyeball at INTC and AMD options points to $20 and $35 respectively. Today's drop in AMD was pretty sharp on triple-volume but it closed at the

LOD so maybe some more downside to come.

I don't remember whether Intel reports next week or not but it could create

some fireworks.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

US hedge funds set to sue in short-selling row

By Stephen Foley in New York

Published: 13 April 2006

Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and other investment banks could face new legal claims running into hundreds of millions of dollars, amid allegations that some brokerages overcharged their biggest hedge fund clients.

Some of Wall Street's most prolific "short sellers" are set to mount a class action lawsuit, in a move that casts the shadowy hedge fund industry in the unusual position of victim.

The lawsuit will throw an uncomfortable spotlight on the world of "prime brokerage", the business of executing trades on behalf of hedge funds, which has grown into one of the most lucrative parts of investment banking business.

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/new...ticle357449.ece

You mean that these guys would take advantage of their own clients?

That can't be possible!

US hedge funds set to sue in short-selling row

By Stephen Foley in New York

Published: 13 April 2006

You mean that these guys would take advantage of their own clients?

That can't be possible!

Here's a classic SNL fauxmercial that explains it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSoecK3u65Q...2F000772%2Ehtml

Sy Harding, who has a rather enviable record as a gold timer, is decidedly cautious right here. Says that a visit to the 200DMA @$500 an once is in our future.

http://www.decisionpoint.com/TAC/HARDING.html

He really emphasized $600 round number. However, Indians purchase Gold in

Ruble, Chinese use RMB. $600 might not be such important for them.

Gold is extended though.

I've been bearish on bonds for a long term both for technical reasons, and because of the gradual reduction of the Foreign Central Bank subsidy of the Treasury market.

I remain bearish.

For a long time I have reported that the cycle structure called for yields to accelerate upward in the latter portion of this year.

Yields have just broken out of an enormous base, four years in the making, ahead of schedule in terms of the major cycles. The minimum measuring implication is 6.70. The high volume would seem to confirm the breakout. The next obvious resistance level is 5.45. 5.45 is likely to get taken out. 6.70 is a major resistance level, but the breaking of that level is also likely within the foreseeable future. Secular trend indicators bottomed in March of 2003 and March of 2004, and have been on the rise ever since.

Short term and intermediate indicators show no sign of a top as yet, and centered moving average projections are still materially higher than current levels.

I will post a complete report on this, with short term projections and charts, for WSE Pro subscribers later this weekend.

The Daily Market Update will be posted tomorrow morning.

Have a nice weekend! Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all.

jickiss is back!

and then,

just for fun,

your jickiss takes a look at the yield on da zombie (10-year). before inching even 1/16 " please do not think that the following observations are in any way to be considered boolish,

but, there are a lot of signs that can be heard on the "Maniped Media" that would make reasonable observers wonder if the Fed might try to play a trickey counter punch move, which would involve not raising rates, or doing something to get rates down a bit, perhaps in conjunction with some kind of diplomacy in the ME of short duration, which, after all, only extends the time to conflict.

hence, with a scheme of trickery in mind, the chart of the yield on the 10 year shows modest signs of non-confirmation....could this be a clue to a surprise, or is it just some kind of trick of the charts??????

it would be good to see this chart back for 10 years, weekly, for additional comparision purposes.

any chartist volunteers, with clear, powerful, Light and Cheery chart capability, that might put up a nice big chart of the zombie for 10 years back in time, back to the end of the credit cycle that never happened ?????

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

regards to all,

jickiss!!!!!!!

post-1911-1144985836_thumb.jpg

Earlier this evening I made a post, attempting to be funny by mimicking a foreign accent. One of your fellow Stoolies has informed me that the word I created as a result was a racial slur to Oriental people. I had no idea, and I have since modified the post.

I sincerely and humbly apologize for my ignorance, and for any injury I may have inflicted. I can assure you, it was inadvertent, and a matter of my own ignorance of the existence of this term.

I am mortified, and sincerely apologize.

Doc,

what kind of timeline do you think we'll hit 6.70 in? The next year, or two years?

Coincident with mortgage ARM resets, that would spell P A I N for those people that hold $2 trillion of adjustable mortgage debt.

I'll be looking forward to the WSE report tonight!

jickiss is back!

and

well, ever since Shorty liked CDE, your jickiss has looked for different ways to assess the potential of CDE, which your jickiss sees to $19, for starters.

anyway,

here is CDE vs PAAS, which some here have said really does not have that much....versus the run up that it has enjoyed.

post-1911-1144989304_thumb.jpg

jickiss is back!

and

Dear Charmin, Tanks, indeed for your kind observations of the NXG chart.

it is worth reviewing, conceptually, a few Very Annoying Aspects of the "free money bubble" that has distorted the "Sheeple thinking" in many ways.

for instance, NXG has assets, (yess, shareholders need Kermes North to be approved) and will likely earn $1.00 per share, maybe even $1.30.....so, the pe is 3 or so...looks riskless to your jickiss, Versus other poses that are really totally devoid of Value on an intrinsic basis...

but the ocean of liquidity does not yet care in a major way about NXG.....

when it does, however, why not 10 times $1.30 = $13.00 target for NXG????

regards to you, Charmin,

jickiss!!!!!!!

Archived