Eye of the Hurricane

Welcome to the anniversary of the July 2002 lows.

Unable to watch the close today, since it is over 90 degrees here in LaLa Land and I've decided to go to lunch at one of those trendy, fashionable restaurants on the Westside to gaze at the multitude of Large Breasted Wonders with Shrink Wrapped Rib Cages wearing those see through sleeveless silk blouses.

Given the Hurricane Buffetting on individual stocks, some up big, some down big, I've elected to avoid the usual Riverboating or attempting to identify short candidates.

Its futile.

I'm now officially 100% long in the gold and silver screamers. My bet is that technical analysis will be thrown out the window on this sector, after it has been manipulated and shorted to infinity for so many years.

Anyway, I'll be back later to hear what Rosie O'Donnell (EBAY) has to say.

Take it away, Riverboaters.....

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Central Banks to extend gold sales pact

"There is no need for the central banks to hold gold because they do not have a currency to defend and all monetary decisions are made by the ECB," said Fr?d?ric Lasserre, head of commodities research at Soci?t? G?n?rale.

Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit , including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Yields are high and getting higher, but Uncle Buck is tokin'and feelin' low.

Take a subscribatory and get the latest whiff of the of the Long Bong Hit and Uncle Buck in the Anals RIGHT NOW!

Anals Closing Intraday . Unable to open your Closing Anals Intraday? Take a subscribatory, open it and download it RIGHT NOW, along with everything else in your Anals!?

Also please note the "Ads by Google" in the left column. Here on the board content pages they are all public service ads, since Google does not have the opportunity to spider the pages to determine content in advance. However, on the topic list pages there are a number of ads relevant to us. Please be sure to stop and have a look at them once or twice a day. There might be something there for you!

How well I remember July 24th 2002.  :angry:

The day my BEARX was hauled out to the woodshed and had its ass whipped black & blue.

The night before NBC had some special program hosted by Tom Brokaw about the stock market decline, loss of wealth etc...that should have tipped me off.

Can you imagine da boyz licking their lips everytime the concept of shorting for profits hits the mainstream? It's the same reverse sentiment as bulls or bears showing up on the covers of the major magazines.

Piss-on-me today gave all the reasons why the market has topped and should head lower. It would be a first for him if that actually happened.

Watch for a possible reaming to come out of this, I don't like it when Proctovision, Crapvision, whatever start talking about making money on the short side. I'd much rather they laugh it off as predictable "profit taking". Paul Kangas tonight will be interesting as nothing catches him flat footed, I sometimes wonder if he has 2 scripts that he reads from, "Profit Taking" or "Bargain Hunting"? :lol:

Nervous Bear :unsure:

Most of the miners look like they closed the day strong. Good sign. I'm with Mark on this one. Jump on the metals and wait for the riverboaters to discover them. :huh: :o :lol:

Who in their right mind would pay 7 times sales for this? "SAN FRANCISCO, July 24 (Reuters) - KLA-Tencor Corp. (NasdaqNM:KLAC - News), a maker of tools used in microchip production, on Thursday posted a lower fourth-quarter net profit and revenue as the semiconductor industry struggles to rebound.

The company recorded net income of $29 million, or 15 cents a share, compared with net income of $47 million, or 23 cents a share a year earlier.

Revenue for the quarter was $308 million, compared with $373 million a year earlier, the San Jose, California-based company said.

"

Most of the miners look like they closed the day strong. Good sign. I'm with Mark on this one. Jump on the metals and wait for the riverboaters to discover them. :huh: :o :lol:

Agreed.

Thought of shorting the close but I really want that 974 S&P broken first.

Added to PAAS instead as it pulled back a little (which is all the pullback I think we're gonna get).

Well, just so everyone can stop theorizing over the cause of today's sell-off, here's the answer:

"Traders said a technical indicator used to forecast possible market turns fell through a key level at 20, prompting a spurt of buying and then a sell-off as the indicator failed to hold below that level. The indicator is the Chicago Board Options Exchange's (News - Websites) Market Volatility Index (CBOE:^VIX - News), known as the "fear gauge" since it measures how worried investors are."

Nothing to see, folks. Move along there.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/030724/markets_stocks_23.html

Archived