B4 The Bell Humpday August 11

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three Thousand New Jobs at Ports of Long Beach and LA

08-11-2004 3:06 PM

(Long Beach, CA) -- Business is booming at the Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles and that means three thousand new part-time dockworkers will be hired to handle the load. Newspaper ads running in today's Long Beach "Press-Telegram" and other publications explains how to apply for the casual dockworker jobs, which have starting wages of $20.66 an hour. Casuals are nonunion dockworkers who work shifts not taken by unionized employees. The "Press-Telegram" reports that this is the first time new casuals are being hired at the port in seven years.

More Inventory?

Y'know we have gone totally nuts on security. The Snow birds demo is counting down and we have enough Gunships circling the perimeter to do a Vietnam fly past plus 3 Coast guard boats in the bay-this is just stupid! paranoia run amok-while the enemy lives in a cave in Pakistan and laughs his ass off!

My guys are still looking for a bounce. DON'T fade em'. On the next dip I will move from Sept. puts to Oct. puts to play it safe.

Tell 'em to look in the mirror. :lol:

I was looking for a bounce coming into this week and we are already up nearly 20 points. I fully expect the Spoos to test 1084 manana, and then get smacked down. We are in the August 11-13 Bradley window and tomorrow is Fib turn day. I think Spoos complete EW 2-of-3 on Turdsday then down, down, down to 1025 by the next Bradley -- August 20.

post-20-1092276581_thumb.gif

"TLC spokesman Allan Fromberg told reporters that Wallace ?was observed to be overly assertive. He was disrespectful to the inspectors. He was asked to step away three times. He did not comply...and seemingly lunged? at one of the inspectors."

"At that point, the television star was hauled away."

"A witness told the New York Post the TLC treatment of Wallace was ?atrocious. It was like a scene out of a movie. They wanted to prove they had power.? A TLC spokesman said Wednesday the incident was ?under investigation at this time.?

Mike Wallace arrested in cold dinner saga

Chapter 7= personal bankruptcy

Chapter 11= business bankruptcy.

Hunter, something you want to share. We may be all in the same boat one day.

Nothing to share TE. MY mistake in bankruptacy numbers. :cry:

China Rapidly Modernizes for War With U.S.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2.../9/172001.shtml

purdymouth, interesting ,

one more item to add that the article does not mention. China had a one child policy for a while in the late 80's early 90's. the matrix said it was an attempt at population control. the reality .. intentional or not... thousands upon thousands of baby girls were killed so the parents could try again for a boy.

the result ... China has an ARMY of young men just coming into prime. was it part of a plan? The Chinese always think longer term than we do

ne

Archived