B4 The Bell Tuezelday August 3

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you wanted to destroy the military might of the United States, you'd never get a better opportunity than to do so in Iraq.  This situation is not winnable.  Imagine flying the troops out and leaving the weapons behind.  That's likely to be the outcome.

Bushco swallowed the poison bait that had been set out for them, hook line and sinker.

Unfortunately, under the code of machismo which governs politics, no error can be admitted.

When gross mistakes occur, the level of bluster and bombast is cranked up yet another notch, while more billions and tens of billions are pumped into failed and failing policies.

As a number of other "failed states" have discovered to their regret, that magnitude of malinvestment eventually catches up with you.

The "American Dream" is being wiped out before our very eyes. This society has a death wish.

MH:

I appreciate your thoughts.

I can't say that this society as a whole has a death wish. I believe they've been sold a bill of goods...hook, line and sinker. Media/marketing are powerful forces, and just as the subliminal advertising messages hidden within the movies of the late fifties compelled sales of popcorn in movie theaters, manipulation of human behavior through the popular media has reached a state of high art.

A college education has become so expensive (intentionally) that the only way many can afford one is to lay their life on the line in return for the supposedly free result - a college education. Why bother with a draft when you can simply withhold higher education to compel "voluntary" service (in lieu of flipping burgers) - while the leaders of our country deride our citizens for being underskilled for today's economy to justify the outsourcing of the American Economy.

Terrorism has resulted in the government's ability to harness the hearts, minds, patriotism and religious fervor necessary to direct a populous. Prior to the arrival of terror on our shores, the Government stood by (enabled?) the bubble-expansion that led to the majority of all U.S. citizens to voluntarily (through a perfectly orchestrated media frenzy) become beholden to the powers that control the markets. Virtually nobody wants to see the markets do anything other than rise. Like no other time in our history, they now have a vested interest, not only with respect to their existing portfolios and 401Ks - but for their future health and well being - tied to pensions and benefits - all of which are subject to the whims of the markets.

Dazed and confused citizens. It's not all their fault. The manipulation has been world class.

Just watched the Press Conference of the 3 Stooges-Fridge, Pataki and BoomBerg-with Pataki and Boomberg playing pocket pool in the background...Fridge said..."We won't let our enemies turn us into Fortress America"  HuuuuuH????? ;)

Almost makes one nostalgic for the good old days, when a swaggering Bushco would promise the peeps, "We'll grab their gas and kick their ass." :o :huh: :mellow:

Someone doesn't like it, hence the early release of a report that said security action was based on information over 3 yrs old.

They evidently don't deem it appropriate for the general public to know that yet. I read it in the WSJ and it's the main story on the BBC today, but I don't see it on CNN or my other measure of mainstream media dissemination, the Detroit News.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=5858156

"Fox and Friends" this morning was attempting to minimize the significance of the age of the recovered computer files.

They were saying that al-Qaeda "regularly updates" these old plans so that they can be put into play as needed.

They sort of hinted, without exactly coming right out and saying so, that the government had obtained information that these admittedly oldish computer files pertained to a plot that al-Qaeda intended to put in motion soon.

Just watched the Press Conference of the 3 Stooges-Fridge, Pataki and BoomBerg-with Pataki and Boomberg playing pocket pool in the background...Fridge said..."We won't let our enemies turn us into Fortress America" HuuuuuH????? ;)

brian4,

They're holding the briefing just 5 blocks south of me at Citicorp Center, can you believe Mrs. Bush and the twins were there yesterday??

GO CHAIRTHROWER!!

Drano,

..."POS a short here?"...

..."Which one?"...

:lol: :lol: You are priceless, my man!

B.S.

Short POS? Recently upgraded by JPMorgan on July 21.....left a nasty gap that needs to be filled. Support at 19.22 ish....but there are other POSs with more reward Vs risk than this POS. :P

post-20-1091544460_thumb.png

Archived