B4 The Bell, Moonday, June 28

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for finding that, Doc!

And you're fluent in English, too! Another mystery solved -- I had wondered why they were suddenly known as TD Waterhouse.

One of the things that has irritated me about Waterhouse is that they will permit you to wire-transfer funds in, but not OUT -- they insist on writing a check, which takes a ridiculous five days to clear. The roach motel of brokerages.

However, it's worth putting up with that if the account is actually an insured bank account for the cash. I have not thus far found other brokers with FIDC insured accounts.

FYI...Schwab Bank is FDIC insured.

And you're fluent in English, too! Another mystery solved -- I had wondered why they were suddenly known as TD Waterhouse.

One of the things that has irritated me about Waterhouse is that they will permit you to wire-transfer funds in, but not OUT -- they insist on writing a check, which takes a ridiculous five days to clear. The roach motel of brokerages.

However, it's worth putting up with that if the account is actually an insured bank account for the cash. I have not thus far found other brokers with FIDC insured accounts.

AAARRRGGHH. I talked to some doofus there who told me they did NOT have such a thing. :ph34r: Thanks.

AAARRRGGHH. I talked to some doofus there who told me they did NOT have such a thing. :ph34r: Thanks.

Schwab also has a 100% US Treasury Money Market Fund that you can use as a sweep account.

Old Couple Football

A little old couple prepares to go to bed. They no sooner hit the pillows when the old man farts and says, "Seven Points."

His wife rolls over and says, "What in the world was that?"

The old man replied, "It's fart football."

A few minutes later his wife lets one go and says," Touchdown, tie score."

After about five minutes the old man lets another one go and says, "Aha. I'm ahead 14 to 7."

Not to be outdone, the wife rips out another one and says, "Touchdown, tie score."

Five seconds go by and she lets out a little squeaker and says, "Field goal, I lead 17 to 14."

Now the pressure is on the old man. He refuses to get beat by a woman, so he strains real hard, but to no avail. Realizing a defeat is totally unacceptable he gives it everything he's got, and accidentally he craps in the bed.

The wife says, "What the hell was that?"

The old man says, "Half time, switch sides."

Idiots. I work for the bank and it is FDIC insured.

Schwab also has a 100% US Treasury Money Market Fund that you can use as a sweep account.

Thanks, but beware - some of the supposed "U.S. Gov't" money market funds do not invest just in bonds -- they also hold paper from.... FNM. :o Gulp! That's why I was looking for FDIC insured. The guy I talked to at Schwab told me that their government fund held some paper from GSE's, but since he was wrong on the FDIC fund that's suspect info too.

It is hell to set up accounts, either individual or joint, in 4 different banks just to

stay within the FDIC insured limits.

Damn, if I had to break my savings into several chunks for FDIC protection, I would just invest in 100oz. bars.

Maybe someday I will find myself with facing that dilemma.

Old Couple Football

A little old couple prepares to go to bed. They no sooner hit the pillows when the old man farts and says, "Seven Points."

His wife rolls over and says, "What in the world was that?"

The old man replied, "It's fart football."

A few minutes later his wife lets one go and says," Touchdown, tie score."

After about five minutes the old man lets another one go and says, "Aha. I'm ahead 14 to 7."

Not to be outdone, the wife rips out another one and says, "Touchdown, tie score."

Five seconds go by and she lets out a little squeaker and says, "Field goal, I lead 17 to 14."

Now the pressure is on the old man. He refuses to get beat by a woman, so he strains real hard, but to no avail. Realizing a defeat is totally unacceptable he gives it everything he's got, and accidentally he craps in the bed.

The wife says, "What the hell was that?"

The old man says, "Half time, switch sides."

:D :D :D

Archived