Groundhog Day

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 Billion dollars is a lot of money for a "food company" to

displace.........................................................................

The Parmalot fiasco seems to be downplayed......oddly beings

how absurd the...can't find money..story that it is.

I believe that this is kept low key right now is to give spin creation

time to BIG Banks........who are behind multiple face-ripping off

episodes ala Parmalot...........VIA Derivative Playing................

THAT went horribly awry..........................................................

Guest libertas
J&P has to struggle while Richie Rich can buy buy buy what he wants and becasue there are enough Richie Richs a Cayenne can become a sucess story.

The problem is you don't need to be Richie Rich to buy a Cayenne. J6P can buy one - that's why they are selling well, lots of cheap credit. Did I say selling? I meant leasing... Give me the right residual, I can make anything cheap to lease.

yeah gimme that V12 bi-turbo 8 liter engine! :lol:

btw, i never thought that the Porsche Cayenne would be such a huge sucess. It is the best year in Porsches history and mostly becasue of the Cayenne. That thing sells very good in the US, but also Germany.

Now i ask: IF the economy is totally phcucked up, IF oil price is high and and and WHY is such a car such a huge sucess? I told everyone who wanted to hear it, that the Cayenne will be the worst decision Porsches has ever made and that it will bring down the whole firm. I thought Porsche could even go bankrupt. I was 100% wrong. I think many stoolies though the same. Do WE get something wrong? I mean let us look back to the 70s, becaseu if we say we are in 70s bnear marekt than it should be worthwhile to compare. in Thge 70s those car comapnies started to built smaller engines to reduce gas consumption. So there was a direct result of bad economy: Cars became smaller. In those times where we are right now i havent seen such a result, although it should have occured so far IF we are really all doomed.

Another arguemtn which is maybe the striking one: The gap between rich/super rich and middle class gets bigger and bigger. J&P has to struggle while Richie Rich can buy buy buy what he wants and becasue there are enough Richie Richs a Cayenne can become a sucess story.

3 simple words: asset...backed...securities

Guest libertas
11 Billion dollars is a lot of money for a "food company" to

displace.........................................................................

The Parmalot fiasco seems to be downplayed......oddly beings

how absurd the...can't find money..story that it is.

I believe that this is kept low key right now is to give spin creation

time to BIG Banks........who are behind multiple face-ripping off

episodes ala Parmalot...........VIA Derivative Playing................

THAT went horribly awry..........................................................

Yes. Amazing lack of reaction to a default, seems to be between $6 and $12 billion, looks like nobody knows exactly how big it is. Marketwatch sez "This is no Enron" excuuuuze me?

btw, i never thought that the Porsche Cayenne would be such a huge sucess. It is the best year in Porsches history and mostly becasue of the Cayenne. That thing sells very good in the US, but also Germany.

Now i ask: IF the economy is totally phcucked up, IF oil price is high and and and WHY is such a car such a huge sucess? I told everyone who wanted to hear it, that the Cayenne will be the worst decision Porsches has ever made and that it will bring down the whole firm. I thought Porsche could even go bankrupt. I was 100% wrong. I think many stoolies though the same. Do WE get something wrong? I mean let us look back to the 70s, becaseu if we say we are in 70s bnear marekt than it should be worthwhile to compare. in Thge 70s those car comapnies started to built smaller engines to reduce gas consumption. So there was a direct result of bad economy: Cars became smaller. In those times where we are right now i havent seen such a result, although it should have occured so far IF we are really all doomed.

Another arguemtn which is maybe the striking one: The gap between rich/super rich and middle class gets bigger and bigger. J&P has to struggle while Richie Rich can buy buy buy what he wants and becasue there are enough Richie Richs a Cayenne can become a sucess story.

Oil is still cheap and commodities bull market has not began so downsizing will come at a latter stage and bears are little early with their doom and gloom scenarios. We would be able to compare this decade with the seventies not like the thirties.

I mean let us look back to the 70s, becaseu if we say we are in 70s bnear marekt than it should be worthwhile to compare. in Thge 70s those car comapnies started to built smaller engines to reduce gas consumption. So there was a direct result of bad economy: Cars became smaller.

Not just the bad economy, but also higher gasoline prices (Oil Shock I). American cars were LARGE in 1974. Compacts existed, but with very downscale image and features, and shaky quality (e.g. Chevy Vega, Ford Pinto, Maverick, etc.) European and Japanese makers had QUALITY small cars with good fuel economy, which gained market share after the oil shock.

The REAL (inflation-adjusted) price of oil is still cheap. Oil prices will have to exceed $40 / bbl before people even start to wake up, and $80 / bbl to have the same impact as Oil Shock II.

Middle East oil producers buy a lot of consumer goods from Europe. The price of those goods is soaring, in dollar terms. If I were them, I would have NO qualms about demanding drastically higher oil prices, while blaming it all on America's reckless dollar depreciation.

The top sucks from the bottom...so rich people are doing good right now...as long as they can canibalize the bottom their profits will be great...Eventually they will wipe out everyone...then the top will canibalize itself...

The two-year note had its biggest decline this month. Some 30 percent of the bids were accepted from indirect bidders, which bid through primary dealers, down from 33 percent in November, and 45 percent in October. About 69 percent of bids were accepted from the 22 primary U.S. government securities dealers that trade with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

Foreign ``participation is very important -- it's something we're definitely keeping our eyes on,'' said Thomas Hagstrom, head of fixed-income trading at State Street Research & Management in Boston, which oversees $46.1 billion. Without it, ``the market would probably trade much more in line with the economic data, which is surprising to the upside.'' Such a scenario would argue for higher yields, Hagstrom said.

Foreigners are less interested in bidding US treasuries

If oil producing nations demand payment in euro, for instance, the short term effect is probably psychological as dollar can be freely converted into euro. This, of course, assumes that the demand of euro for oil is an isolated event. However, if many goods are internationally traded in currencies other than dollar and people start to realize that dollar is losing its status as reserve currency, it would be entirely different thing

Archived