IDS World Markets Fri 27th February 09

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been running non-stop since the close, so I haven't had time to do a chart... so Imma use yer chart. The trendlines must be drawn differently, though... but your premise is correct, and I agree with the possibility of waves d-e here. I still can't make this decline make sense as an impulse... but that can sometimes change farther down.

Anyway, this wave could also further complicate like the big wave 2 did. It could possibly even stretch out another week or two and still be a viable wave 4. I hate 4th waves, they are a notorious pain in the ass.

Anyway, here's where the trendlines need to be (mine are in red):

If we get a wave e, it could fail to reach the upper line... or overshoot it.

post-160-1235713632_thumb.png

Yours works, too, but then it's not a running triangle.

Forensic analsis leads me to conclude that there will be a huge gap down followed by a shocking turnaround. You see I believe the PPT still exists - its just that their objectives are now to support the sale of 2T of treasuries. In the brief windows between treasury auctions - the stock market has to be supported. Then a day or so befor the next big issuance- create "risk aversion" and equity market panic - to sucker in the few straggers out there into treasuries.

We just completed another successful treasury week - as of yesterday. Govt has just done their first big bank internationalization. Must not be percieved to be an abject failure.

Once all remaining available dollars are sucked into treasuries- almost there i think- then treasury rates will be allowed to rise dramatically along with stocks. Who will buy these new treasuries - the Banks of course. With the huge excess reserves they have. Great way to finance the goobmint and recapitalize the banks. Imagine the profits in borrowing at 1% and buying 8% ten yr treasuries!!

This is delusional thinking. We are facing a never ending Treasury supply Tsunami, not just one week.

David Walker made a shocking offhand remark on AC 360 last night that no one picked up on, but made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. He said something about how much debt the Treasury would have to sell to pay for these programs, then quickly added. "I don't think they will be able to do it because I don't think the rest of the world will keep lending at that rate."

Bravo Mr. Walker. The comment went right over everyone's head. No one said anything.

We are headed for an unimaginable catastrophe.

This is delusional thinking. We are facing a never ending Treasury supply Tsunami, not just one week.

David Walker made a shocking offhand remark on AC 360 last night that no one picked up on, but made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. He said something about how much debt the Treasury would have to sell to pay for these programs, then quickly added. "I don't think they will be able to do it because I don't think the rest of the world will keep lending at that rate."

Bravo Mr. Walker. The comment went right over everyone's head. No one said anything.

We are headed for an unimaginable catastrophe.

I heard the same, but I think from another source. While I don't know about a shocking turn around today, I think the cube gap gets filled and I grab 20+ points on my "scalp."

post-2303-1235744217_thumb.jpg

Interesting new indicator here... gold, guns, and spam vs the S&P.

Yep....I went with Smith Wesson when they ducked below $2 and bought the bonds in Remington....MaddMaxx, Thunderdome and all that

Incidentally, they did a spoof on 30 Rock last night about the market crashing.....one of Tracey Morgan's lines was something line...."it's time for Thunderdome!"

big.chart?symb=swhc&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=50,200&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=1072838&style=320&time=7&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=5667&mocktick=1&rand=8640

Archived