B4 The Bell, Humpday July 28

Guest bullseatshitndie
Anybody listen to Gary Kaltbaum. He's growing on me. Bearish as hell.

was he on fox? what did he say?

i remember days before the oct 02 bottom he was on bulls & bears calling for dow 6k. well, we all know what happened.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think market is going to be dead in the water, if not dead period.

Seasonally as well as conditionally i don't believe there is enough

sideline interests ready to come in with enough volume to lift this

thing.

not enough buying to overpower amount of selling.

at best i think it establishes a new range, and we get chop, chop city.

Whipsaw Theory:

It may have been six months ago, I'm not quite sure, but I remember hearing myself predict something to the effect of the following:

"Al has a particular trading range in mind, and sideways is the goal. He doesn't want to sit idly by as the bubble is allowed to blow up even larger than the bubble of 2000, but he can't afford to let it drop much either. The goal then is to whipsaw the speculation out of the market on both the bull and bear side of the table, and get that money into the hands of the pension funds. The volume will evenutally drop to an anemic level, but that is the cost of propping up the market until such time as some other miracle comes along to move the markets on to the next leg higher. Al is far less concerned with Merrill's quarterly profits than he is about the solvency of the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation.

If you're going long or short, and you're using stops, presumeably to protect yourself, you are losing money as they simply run stocks up and down the flag pole every few days, clearing every stop in both directions and looting the accounts of traders in the process. I predicted these swing would come more fast and furious until such time as all of the speculators on both sides wise up and realize that they are all just pawns in an unwinnable game. The winner will be Al, and the market will go where he wants it to go. Ideally, he wants it to sit right here and not go anywhere.

In the meantime, one by one, collassal blow ups occur in individual stocks, allowing each of them to reset to more realistic valuations while the indexes continue to be held in place. Over time, all will be allowed to be "repriced" and the market will be more fairly valued, and the DOW 10,000 line will remain a floor.

I totally realize that the reality is that we SHOULD crash based on the fundamentals, but this guy has an unlimited budget to prevent it, and has every criminal tool at his disposal to prevent it, combined with an unlimited will to game it to the fullest extent he chooses.

Who's going to stop him? Probably nobody.

Butters...jeepers...and i thought Florida was the "frontier"

still say any of you people looking to re-locate to a foriegn Country

ought to give Florida a look in to .

The nice thing about Florida...

"It's so close to the United States!"

" How do they do it? Doesn't it require oodles of money? Not really. At key levels, the market tends to hit "dead air." Traders are watching and waiting. "Will she or won't she?" No one wants to step in front of a speeding locomotive. Send a few big orders into the S&P futures pit in Chicago, move the market higher and thereby trigger program trades in the cash market. Voila! Programs start buying, futures traders cover shorts, a feeding frenzy begins. Mission accomplished.)"http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_04/rostenko072604.html

There more I think about today, we actually saw the same black box feed and puke frenzy bookending the open and close. The downside seemed to accelerate once the overnight futures low was breached; the upside...as you said.

The program shake outs have to be leaving smoldering and decapitated torso's in the alley's of Wall Street. The boat rocks violently, a few more get thrown overboard..that kind of thing. More water comes abord with each lurch, until eventually the whole thing sinks.

When I was referring to the public participation, I was referring to active investors shying away. We already know the 401K/IRA types are actively shopping for suitcases.

TE,

This is good news for "those feeling a little older "and missing

those great old tunes

Herman's Hermits

"MRS. BROWN, YOU'VE GOT A LOVELY WALKER"

> >

The Bee Gees

"HOW CAN YOU MEND A BROKEN HIP"

> >

Bobby Darin

"SPLISH, SPLASH, I WAS HAVIN' A FLASH"

> >

Ringo Starr

"I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM DEPENDS"

> >

Roberta Flack

"THE FIRST TIME EVER I FORGOT YOUR FACE"

> >

Johnny Nash

"I CAN'T SEE CLEARLY NOW"

> >

Paul Simon

"FIFTY WAYS TO LOSE YOUR LIVER"

> >

Commodores

"ONCE, TWICE, THREE TIMES TO THE BATHROOM"

> >

Marvin Gaye

"I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPE NUTS"

> >

Procol Harem

"A WHITER SHADE OF HAIR"

> >

Leo Sayer

"YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE NAPPING"

The Temptations

"PAPA'S GOT A KIDNEY STONE"

ABBA

DENTURE QUEEN

Small item on the news today about that country that the US also brought freedom and democracy to--Afghanistan.It has improved so much since the US cast out the Taliban infidels that Medicins san Frontiers is pulling out all of their workers as it is TOO unsafe to work.

They have been there for 20 years!

Another part of the planet re-modelled along Texan principles it would appear!

Hi-Hat- Mr. Blacks rant was a VERY GOOD one and very true. All Da Boyz wanted today was to pull back from the cliff's edge, wait for the Bell and get out of Dodge. They almost lost it today it was melting down before there and our eyes. Now I do not think it is an accident that the site is jammed just as the shit hits the fan, c'mon. We are a growing annoyance to them because we are on to them and we make $ because of it. If you have been trading short on this thread you have made money doing so as our numbers grow and they are we become more than an annoyance. Now a word about spread trading-first of all if you are a Newbie here the standard disclosure is "DON't do what we do", watch listen and learn-only the highly skilled people here with a lot of scar tissue and knowledge- should be trading here. Next a word about spread trading, Rog is correct but again you have to be a skilled knowledgable trader to spread trade. Secondly you need a very large account as your broker will freeze an amount in your account equal to your maximum losses. I rarely spread trade because they demand almost constant tweaking. It is a good way for some one with limited experience to get killed in the market and quickly. This Pig is going nowhere we have not seen the bottom for the move yet. ;)

July 28, 2004

Kerry Injured in Boat Accident, May Cancel Speech

(2004-07-28) -- John Forbes Kerry, the presumptive Democrat presidential nominee, was reportedly injured this morning while reenacting his Vietnam-era role as a Navy swiftboat commander in Boston Harbor. A campaign spokesman said the injury may prevent the candidate from delivering his acceptance speech at the Democrat convention tomorrow night.

"We're just taking a wait-and-see approach right now," said the unnamed source. "John Kerry is a fighter, and when you take it to the enemy like he does, you can get hurt. He has three Purple Hearts to prove it...and now this."

An emergency medical technician (EMT) on the scene said Mr. Kerry, who is also a U.S. Senator, reported snagging a fingernail on the festive bunting that draped his landing craft--a water taxi called the Lulu E.

"Although no one witnessed the incident," the unnamed EMT said, "Senator Kerry did show me the fingernail, which was lacerated near the end and bent to the left at an odd angle. I could only imagine how much it must have hurt, but he barely flinched when I surgically removed the partially-severed body part."

:lol: :lol: :P

Archived