B4 The Bell, Moonday,October 18

Liquidity drought alert:

Out of tax cuts for the flocks

Cash out refinancing flat

1.3+ million per month take pay cuts

Many thousands more lose unemployment insurance

Record high diesel prices (today $2.15/gal.) to be passed on to the flocks

Gas creeping up to new high (over $2/gal today)

How long before the flocks must hock their stocks to pay for their socks?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I lived in the Bay Area from 1988 to 2001.? Those refineries catch fire all the the time.

Right... but do they catch fire all the time suspiciously??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, actually, yes they do..........

....In fact, between 1989 and 1995, there were over 1900 different incidents reported in the county (Contra Costa, Ca), making it the eleventh worst area in the entire United States with regards to toxic accidents.

One of the worst industrial offenders is Chevron. The oil company operates a refinery and other industrial facilities in Richmond, California. Chevron stores over 11 million pounds of toxic, explosive, and corrosive chemicals at this refinery, often very close to large population centers..... Chevron had 304 accidents between 1989 and 1995 -- major fires, spills, leaks, explosions, toxic gas releases, flaring, and air contamination....

Study

Rules:  Doc says - "... discussion of politics and world affairs on this thread is permitted, but 911 conspiracy discussions are off limits.  I just want to add that as a general rule, I do not want to see the use of innuendo on this board. It is too easily misused, misread, and misconstrued. In any discussion, on any subject, state your theory, and the facts and logic in support of it."

Good trading! ;)

For all you dummies like me, I looked up innuendo.

innuendo-in?nu?en?do, n. pl. in?nu?en?does - An indirect or subtle, usually derogatory implication in expression; See synonyms at insinuation.

Insinuate - To introduce or otherwise convey (a thought, for example) gradually and insidiously. See Synonyms at suggest

suggest - To offer for consideration or action; propose, To bring or call to mind by logic or association; evoke: See synonyms at imply

Imply - To involve by logical necessity

and so on....

Damn, I don't know any more than I did before.

Congress, SEC Look at Chiron Flu Suspension

Publish Date : 10/18/2004 11:29:00 AM Source : Health News Onlypunjab.com

The U.S. Congress began investigating on Wednesday whether the U.S. Food and Drug Administration overlooked problems at a British plant that led to the withdrawal of half the country's flu vaccine supply.

The House Government Reform Committee and the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee each sent letters to the FDA asking what the agency knew and when about the decision on Chiron.

"There have been conflicting assertions about whether the FDA ignored early warning signals about problems at the Chiron plant," said Rep. Henry Waxman of California, the senior Democrat on the House committee.

The House and Senate committees said they would ask FDA about news reports saying the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and FDA officials knew as early as Sept. 13 that the MHRA might refuse to license the vaccine.

Influenza kills 36,000 Americans in an average year and makes 200,000 sick enough to go to the hospital.

http://www.onlypunjab.com/fullstory904-ins...ewsID-4389.html

As you may know I have a healthy paranoia, so I lied.

In a previous post sunday I said I was hoping for a rally.

Well I was mega short. :P It worked.

Fart breath Al read my post and dropped the futures to get me.

Well I got him. :D

Splendid ploy, Depends!

Associated Press

Delphi Posts $114M Loss, Maintains Outlook

Monday October 18, 10:11 am ET

By John Porretto, AP Auto Writer 

Delphi Posts $114 Million Third-Quarter Loss, Maintains Fourth-Quarter Earnings Forecast

DETROIT (AP) -- Delphi Corp., the world's largest automotive supplier, said Monday it lost $114 million in the third quarter, reflecting lower North American vehicle production and higher material costs.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/041018/earns_delphi_5.html

=DJ Delphi: US Hourly Workforce Cuts To Exceed 6,000 For 2004

By Sharon Silke Carty

Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

DETROIT (Dow Jones)--Delphi Corp. (DPH) is having more success trimming its workforce than it forecast late last year, and said it expects its U.S. hourly workforce to be down by more than 6,500 by the end of the year.

The auto supplier had said it would trim its U.S. hourly workers by 5,000 through attrition by the end of 2004. Combined with other job cuts, Delphi's workforce will be down by more than 9,500 by the end of the year, the chief financial officer told Dow Jones Newswires on Monday.

The company will also close three U.S. plants in the fourth quarter to reach its goal of closing four U.S. plants this year. Delphi closed a plant in Flint, Mich., earlier in the year. So far this year, the company has closed six sites globally.

=DJ Delphi: US Hourly Staff Cuts To Exceed 6,000 For '04 -2-

Delphi said in early October that steel costs, coupled with declining North American production schedules, are hurting companies across the sector. Several of its suppliers have said they could face bankruptcy if they don't get help dealing with steel prices, which have doubled in some cases since the beginning of the year.

"When volumes are going down and costs are going up, that's a bad combination," said Dawes, who noted that less than 1% of its suppliers have said they are worried about bankruptcy.

Resin - which is an oil-based product used to make plastics - is also escalating in price. Delphi has in a few cases replaced resin parts for ones made of aluminum, Dawes said.

Dow Jones Newswires

Archived