B4 The Bell, Moonday,October 18

American Standard (America's leading manufacturer of stool transfer devices) missed and guided down slightly

Q3 EPS of $0.65 vs. $0.67 exp

Revs of $2.4b vs. $2.42b exp

Home products continue to grow but at a reduced rate. Confirming housing slowdown?

MMM misses and guides down. Growth in LCD business slows from 46% annual rate to 12%.

Q3 EPS $0.97 vs. $0.98 exp

Revs of $4.97b vs $5.05b exp

guides Q4 EPS to $0.90-0.91 vs $0.92 exp

FY'04 $3.74-3.75 vs $3.77 exp

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Calling Doctor Plunger!

The cause of the fire in the tallest skyscraper in Caracas is 'unexplained.' Let's go to the video --

450VENEZUELA.jpg

Hmmm ... do we recognize this meme? Have Bushco and the CIA been working to undermine President Hugo Chavez?

What does one plus one equal?  :huh:

You Conspiracy Theorists kill me!

C'mon...

You expect me to believe that just because Russia has chosen to supply China with its oil needs, snubbing the US, we are so desparate for oil that we would deliberately set fire to the tallest building in Venezuela...with the high likelihood that the intense heat would cause a collapse identical to that of the World Trade Center...so as to send an unmistakable message to Chavez that we are coming for OUR oil and he can either give it to us or we will take it....you expect me to believe all that?

:ph34r: :grin: :o :P :D

Next you guys are going to try to convince me that today's trading will be impacted by orchestrated web slow downs and denial of service attacks...

I mean really...

The price of crude oil depends on a variety of factors. Here are some of the most important:

Supply and demand: In recent months, the world was producing 82.35 million barrels per day of crude oil, while international demand stood at 82.1 million barrels a day, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. This tiny difference might be acceptable if supply and demand were frozen, but the world doesn't work like that.

Demand for petroleum in the United States, China and many other countries continues to grow briskly. The International Energy Agency now estimates that global demand will grow by 2.5 million barrels per day this year. There is no matching figure for world oil supply. As demand increases and availability falls behind, oil prices increase.

The United States, which uses more than 20 million barrels per day, depends on imported oil to cover more than 60 percent of its needs. Domestic oil production, now at about 5.6 million barrels per day, has been declining for years.

The fear factor: Any major disruption in supply -- a terrorist attack on oil production facilities, concern over a breakdown in Russian oil output, or an explosion at an oil refinery -- can cause a surge in prices, since there is no way to make up for oil removed from the market.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/local...iness-headlines

Good Morning Crew- MH- I can tell you my Nephew is a farmer, who raises cattle and hogs in Southern Alberta and receives zero subsidy and I am sure our own "Farmer" on the thread can confirm the same. This action against Hogs after Cattle and Lumber will be the straw that broke the Camels back-retaliation is coming-wait for it. The Market will open down and there is a nasty 55 minute window at the Bell. Anyone not Short should be-Helmets on, Buckle up! ;)

hey, we dont need your pork! we have been doing quite well on a diet heavily weighted with crow for the last 4 years :lol: .

having to deal with the water dripping in (racoons did damage and rains came) makes you think about some things being unstoppable... you can soak up the water, but until you deal with the problem, the water gets worse. reminds me of our fiscal position.

On another board, someone indicated that Mr. Buffet was on Crapvision (probably Europe) and indicated that the dollar decline is imminent. Did anyone see the show? I know he has been accumulating currency and positions in other countries for several years.

Thanks,

Jim S.

Coincidentally, a lot of refineries are catching fire around the world. Obviously insurance companies are on the hook for the damage, so if this is tied to terrorism, the supression of the facts must occur in concert with the government covering the insured losses to keep the insurers in line with the cover story.

Also coincidentally, many of the multitude of refinery fire stories that used to be available on Google are either dead links or simply missing.

Refinery Fire Sparks Health Advisory

CBS5.com Staff

Watch the video Watch the Video

A refinery fire in the Martinez area sparked a health advisory for parts of the East Bay Thursday morning.

The blaze at the Tesoro Refinery started in a gas holding tank at 2:45am. Contra Costa Health Services warned that people with breathing problems in North Concord, Avon, Clyde and Vine Hills could have eye and throat discomfort.

http://cbs5.com/news/local/2004/10/14/Refi...h_Advisory.html

Fire at Philadelphia refinery injures one

July 1, 2000

Web posted at: 4:20 a.m. EDT (0820 GMT)

PHILADELPHIA (CNN) -- City firefighters and in-house crews on Friday battled a major blaze at the Sunoco, Inc. refinery on Philadelphia's South Side.

A refinery worker was slightly injured as he helped fight the fire, but was treated at the scene, company officials said.

The fire began around 7:36 p.m. when hydrogen began leaking from a ruptured pipeline, according to Sunoco spokesman Jerry Davis.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/07/01/philly.fire/

Spain?s worst refinery fire kills six workers

By Keith Lee

6 September 2003

Use this version to print | Send this link by email | Email the author

A fire at Spain?s largest oil refinery last month killed six workers and seriously injured five more.

The fire was caused by an exploding gasoline tank igniting six other tanks at the Puertollano refinery south of Spain?s capital Madrid. It took two days to extinguish. At one point more than 400 firefighters were involved in dousing the fire.

The refinery accounts for 19 percent of Spain?s oil production and is operated by RepsolYPF, the largest oil company in Spain and one of the world?s top 10 transnational oil corporations.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2003/sep2003/fire-s06.shtml

Oil Prices Hit New High After Yukos Threat, Refinery Fire

AUGUST 06, 2004 -- LONDON -- Oil prices hit new records on Friday, climbing close to $45, after world supplies were diminished due to a renewed threat to Russian oil major Yukos and a big refinery fire in Texas, reported Reuters.

http://www.csnews.com/csnews/search/articl...t_id=1000601178

Good Morning Crew- MH- I can tell you my Nephew is a farmer, who raises cattle and hogs in Southern Alberta and receives zero subsidy and I am sure our own "Farmer" on the thread can confirm the same. This action against Hogs after Cattle and Lumber will be the straw that broke the Camels back-retaliation is coming-wait for it. The Market will open down and there is a nasty 55 minute window at the Bell. Anyone not Short should be-Helmets on, Buckle up! ;)

I have an uncle who raises cattle southern Alberta and I have talked with him at length about this subject. His ranch has been in his family for several generations, but this might be the end for it. He is on the verge of losing everything because of politically motivated protectionism.

Alberta, one of the most conservative provinces in Canada, should be Bush's strongest supporters in Canada. I would describe it as Canada's version of Texas. Oil, agriculture, and redneck cowboys make the place go. ;) However, Bush in his typical shortsighted stupidity has alienated the people there. What a fool.

Archived