B4 The Bell, Moonday, May 17

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Iraqi General Urges Support of U.S. Troops

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040516/D82JRHQ80.html

Best news I've heard in weeks; he set exactly the right tone.

I've been quite distressed that the media here has so

seldom given us any news on what those in leadership

positions in Iraq have to say... its always about us (U.S.)

Even the Iraqi Council complained that we always held the

news conferences many hours after the Council finished their day.

Paul Bremer has done a lousy job over there, with he

and his minions hiding behind the Green Zone.

They apparently listen to others about as well as Rummy & Co.

Many of the civilian govt employees sent to help Bremer

had little prior experience in their assigned jobs.

I am curious if they are political appointees or regular civil service jobs.

Sherlock

Sherlock, the question I have about taking this article at face value is "How much weight does this guy's opinions carry ?" If he doesn't have a loyal following, forget it.

In Northern Ireleand, there were Catholic republicans who advocated peacefull means but it was the hotheads in the IRA/Sein Feinn whose violent actions prevaled. Ironically enough, it took the militants many years to realize they had a stalemate and only then political talks took over.

I'm afraid Iraq will go through a very violent time for the anarchy to translate to some stability. Unfortunately, I see an Arafat type leader emerging rather than a Gandi.

Is This The Bottom

Or Just a Pop

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Is Fleckenstein a prophet?

"The stock market, prospectively, looks like an extraordinarily hostile place to be. Folks should proceed with maximum caution. Regrettably, the accident that's been building and is waiting to unfold will be unbelievably brutal, in my opinion. The only safe place will be short-dated government paper, combined with foreign currencies or precious metals."

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P78285.asp

Im on money.net now but cant access any of the futures afterhours. Can someone help? Anyone have the symbol they use for eminis?

Not working for me, but here's the futures symbol list. Hope the link works.

http://www.money.net/custserv/futures_symb...es.php?aff=TRUE

Thanks trin

Got that but doesnt seem to work for afterhours

I guess Ill have to wait till nine oclock

8:30am 05/17/04

Empire State manufacturing index falls in May By Greg Robb

WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) -- Manufacturing activity in the New York area slowed in May from in April, the New York Federal Reserve Bank said Monday. The bank's Empire State Manufacturing index fell to 30.2 in May from a revised 34.0 in April. Aside from a slight dip in March, the Empire State index has been above 30 since October. Readings over zero indicate expansion. The drop in the index was larger than expected. Economists were expecting the index to slip to about 34.2 in May from April's original level of 36.1. The new orders index rose to 36.6 in May from 30.6 in April, while shipments rose to a record high 42.3 from 39.5. The employment index rose to 21.3 from 18.5 while the workweek index rose to 21.3 from 20.8. The prices paid index inched lower to 56.7 from a record 57.0 in April.

http://aolpf5.marketwatch.com/news/newsfin...21&siteid=aolpf

I've been quite distressed that the media here has so

seldom given us any news on what those in leadership

positions in Iraq have to say... its always about us (U.S.)

Even the Iraqi Council complained that we always held the

news conferences many hours after the Council finished their day.

Careful Sherlok......scripted and edited.

Disney's law: Wishing doesn't make it so.

Trinharder......

Grandmothers law......wish in one hand and (crap) in the other...

see which fills faster. :D

Disney's law: Wishing doesn't make it so.

Trinharder......

Grandmothers law......wish in one hand and (crap) in the other...

see which fills faster. :D

Don't remember either of my grandmothers ever mentioning that. A drill sergent or two perhaps though.

My Grandfather taught me this rhymme:-

In days of old,

when knights were bold

and paper wasn't invented.

They wiped their arse

with a piece of grass

and walked away contented.

Perhaps he was a prophetic stool poet afterall. :grin:

Wishing doesn't make it so is a commentary on the American mindset I first learned from a physics professor in college in a class on alternative energy. Whether it be applied to energy, medical, Social Security, or the market it is the unreasonable assumption that the future doesn't matter because technology or the like will solve the problems before I need to avail myself of it. Philosophically it is a false premise and a perpetuated lie.

Morning Crew-Well this is what we have been waiting for a full fledged "CRASH"-this market has been ready to go for a long time-the Iraq assassination is just noise. Every Market around the World is falling apart and that mess is backing up into our toilet bowl. After the 11% drop in India and the halt they re-opened the market and it promptly fell another 6 %. So the whole world market scene is a mess, Oil prices soldier higher-this is scam week and Da Boyz are in deep Shit they are the ones who sold all those puts. If the Market crashes they are wiped out. Trail stops and enjoy the ride-window at the Bell for 15 minutes-Helmets and flack jackets on pls.! ;)

Archived