B4 The Bell, Tuesday April 13

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U.S. troops prepare for showdown with al-Sadr

CTV.ca News Staff

About 2,500 U.S. soldiers have massed outside Najaf, prepared for a showdown with radical Shiite Cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, who sounds defiant and says he is ready "to sacrifice my blood."

Al-Sadr told a Lebanon TV news station that he would pursue his continue "popular revolution" to end the U.S. occupation of Iraq.

"I fear only God. I am ready to sacrifice my blood for this country," he said.

The U.S. sounds ready to answer his call. Earlier, Lt. Gen. Richardo Sanchez, the top U.S. commander in Iraq, said the mission is to "capture or kill" al-Sadr.

The American units have set up a perimeter around Najaf to prevent militants from leaving.

Meanwhile, Iraqi leaders have launched frantic negotiations to try and head off a U.S. assault on Najaf. As the site of the Imam Ali Shrine, Shiite Muslims consider it to be the third holiest city in Islam.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...hub=CTVNewsAt11

US firms to increase outsourcing: Study

Wednesday, 14 April , 2004, 08:25

Washington: While US financial institutions are hesitant to talk openly about current or future outsourcing initiatives given the political attention it has received in an election year, outsourcing in the industry to countries like India and China is undoubtedly on the rise, according a new study.

The study by research and consulting firm TowerGroup estimates that the top 15 global financial institutions will increase information technology spending on vendor-direct offshore outsourcing by 34 per cent annually, representing an increase from 1.6 billion dollars in 2004 to 3.89 billion dollars in 2008.

http://sify.com/news/internet/fullstory.php?id=13453195

Golden Goose Lays Rotten Egg

More To Come

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

...we are in the ME to kick butt and to show them, especially terrorists, who is boss - with control of energy supplies as a welcome side effect of this butt kicking.

Bullseye, HB. 100 pts.

I guess now Americans fear a military loss more than any further damage to relationships in the ME and the world in general.

200 pts.

The fatal flaw or lie which is impossible to sustain and that will ultimately sink the master plan is depleted Uranium...The amount of DU dumped on Iraq is lethal...the entire poulation is doomed...It is a nuclear waste dump...The reproductive ability of the population has been damaged beyond the ability to repair...

DU trumps all slogans and arguments...It has already failed...Time will reveal this...reguardless of what is done DU clean up, victim treatment and compensation is in the 100's of billions and even Trillions of dollars...

The half life of depleted uranium is 4.5 billion years...

Hyper--from whence did you get this information? I would like to know if this assertion has any merit. The behavior of our government is indeed mortifying. However, it is one thing to be obdurantly stupid; it is another to be downright evil. :angry:

Hyper is totally correct about DU. It is a big problem in Serbia and Kosovo as well. The stuff is totally nasty, but is the most effective method of penetrating armor.

Minimizing risk to American soldiers in 'conflict' is the highest priority, not much else matters.

depleted uranium sucks

Hyper is totally correct about DU. It is a big problem in Serbia and Kosovo as well. The stuff is totally nasty, but is the most effective method of penetrating armor.

And let's not forget Afghanistan.

Minimizing risk to American soldiers in 'conflict' is the highest priority, not much else matters.

Correction: Minimizing risk to American soldiers WHILE in 'conflict' is the highest priority. Soldiers get exposed to DU as well.

Golden Goose Lays Rotten Egg

More To Come

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Doc-- Thanks for the unusual "heads up" bulletin on gold and the $HUI.

All of us in Stoolville are put on notice.

Great calls over the last few weeks.

Archived