B4 The Bell Moonday October 4

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me try to refresh a memory or two - The G7 was going to request (require) the United States to "devalue" the dollar by at least 20% and China was going to be rquired (requested) float the RMB.

On Thursday the dollar collapsed and all was joy.? Today, neither of the above has taken place, and all of the currencies that were on a "moon shot" Thursday have roundtripped to where they started.

Just wondering if anyone else remembers any of this or did I just dream it?

Fade the conventional wisdom - you will be correct more often than not.

I remember..

Euro reversed right where I said it would be the perfect place to pull one last Thursday..

When everyone "knows" what's gonna happen, generally it's most profitable to go the other way..

last thursday's high in the Euro now has to viewed a a pretty major pivot point..

Schaeffer-in his Monday morning outlook says we bears are having our mettle tested, BUT his inclination is to stay short he notes technically the Sox and BKX are basket cases as are key Dow Stocks-he points out that in July Fund flows exceeded 9 Billion $ BUT in August only $ 1 Billion $ and change went into the market, so he says where is the fuel. He ends noting the VXO is like a compressed spring and he says we all know what happens next! ;)

Archived