A trend line we did not break!

Trend lines are the most important part of the work I do. They don't effect E waves as far as I know. However, most of the people who profess ewaves use trend lines in there analysis. I am bringing that stuff up now becuase of the fact that I don't know what the count is. Are the last moves Down & Up an a,b or a 4, 5? The trend lines point to a possible 4, 5 but, we don't know yet. This week should tell us.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TE: I always use log charts for longer than one year timeframe. That is why 970 is the line in the sand for bears. Even *I* will buy puts if the SPX hits 970.

I'm wondering which puts to buy...C, JPM, tech trash?

street.com had a story on DYN but its been removed Citigroup Talking With SEC Over Dynegy

Buffet likes energy, that helps. What are your plans on utilities? I think we get a huge pop mon and tues...adding OPWV and SUNW mon morning.

as to puts at 970....I would imagine ROOM and EXPE over 100 then buy puts would be nice. Dont see why this market would go down mon or tuesday. To easy to suck people in if they plan on flipping it.

Guest AssMaster
TE: I always use log charts for longer than one year timeframe.  That is why 970 is the line in the sand for bears.  Even *I* will buy puts if the SPX hits 970.

I'm wondering which puts to buy...C, JPM, tech trash?

street.com had a story on DYN but its been removed Citigroup Talking With SEC Over Dynegy

Buffet likes energy, that helps. What are your plans on utilities? I think we get a huge pop mon and tues...adding OPWV and SUNW mon morning.

as to puts at 970....I would imagine ROOM and EXPE over 100 then buy puts would be nice. Dont see why this market would go down mon or tuesday. To easy to suck people in if they plan on flipping it.

I'm long DYN, WMB and miners. OPWV looks promising. For personal reasons, I would dearly love to make some serious coin in put options on C. EXPE and ROOM sound like excellent ideas.

Whats your time span on miners? Noticed they have held up well. Do you think it would be a good idea to wait until Naz run up then switch? Im very tempted on the puts. The month is the question. June contracts should be nice but riskier, may go with august.

Guest AssMaster
Whats your time span on miners? Noticed they have held up well. Do you think it would be a good idea to wait until Naz run up then switch? Im very tempted on the puts. The month is the question. June contracts should be nice but riskier, may go with august.

I like the three drives chart. That makes me want to buy puts. But I just did one of my own on the QQQ which has me worried.

P.S. Hey, you are the options master. I am just trying them out to hedge. I hold my core miners and some NEM calls. Instead of buying and selling the miners, I buy more calls when they pull back and sell them when they rebound. I have shown no great aptitude for trading anything - far less options! Perhaps I will start buying puts when the miners go up a lot.

You are the one who inspired me to try them! They seem like a good way to make coin when in a trading range or trending. Up - buy and sell calls. Down - buy and sell puts. BWTFDIK?

Re: miners. I am more bullish than most, so my timeframe is a bit longer. A few Months. I'd prefer not to trade the small ones - LTBH.

Did you see two of three of Lou's guest TAs waxing bullish on gold? I nearly fell over.

post-17-1052017713.gif

This doesn't work, sorry. Only you can access that Web page; it requires logging into your StockCharts account.

P.S. If someone tells me how to post stockcharts to this site, let me know......from what I can tell, I need to somehow first convert to a .gif file?

Just add ".gif" after the URL of the image. Note: of the image, not of the Web page containing it! See my tutorial on the subject.

Regards,

Vesselin

FF, this count can't be right. You have wave 3 of C shorter than both waves 1 and 2. This is not premitted by the Elliott Wave theory.

Regards,

Vesselin

Thanks guys, nice tutorial bont, thanks. Assmaster,not a master for sure. Doc is right about options, all eventually lose...let me add that I started investing by friends pumping options in 99 . Lost everything in account eventually. They are ONLY good for hedging to me and besides that I find them very dangerous......The reason I chose EXPE and ROOM is from there high stock prices (target 100)and volatility. I learned not to ever buy options on cheap stocks...say at least under 20ish....high price stocks have better chance of payoff. Has to do with beta, bont probably knows better.... I actually am considering them to hedge against my stocks that Im scared to sell due to decent run ups...tried short funds to hedge but not to any real sucess. good luck!!

Archived