B4 The Bell, Humpday June 23

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone tell me if the Windows XP restore function will help remove the claw hammer from the processor? Is it possible the mother board has been damaged by repeated run thrus of a 1/2" drill at 5000 rpm? I tried re-booting, but like the first time pummeling the outer case with a hunting boot gave no results.

. :P

Nike's seem to work well, the left shoe is actually more effective than the right for some reason; might be some sort of subliminal political message.

Can anyone tell me if the Windows XP restore function will help remove the claw hammer from the processor?  Is it possible the mother board has been damaged by repeated run thrus of a 1/2" drill at 5000 rpm?  I tried re-booting, but like the first time pummeling the outer case with a hunting boot gave no results.

:P

Nike's seem to work well, the left shoe is actually more effective than the right for some reason; might be some sort of subliminal political message.

And remember"If at first you don't succeed then get a bigger hammer!"

A little local bizniz news(NL).Tings ain't so great here--

"According to the latest edition of the "Statistical Bulletin of The Bank of the Netherlands,foreign investors have reduced their holdings of Dutch securities by ?2 billion in Q1 '04.The sell-off has been "caused" by the weak economic performance of the Netherlands and has not done stock prices any favours.

These foreign investors have been investing in safer debt instruments elsewhere and appear to be losing confidence in the Amsterdam market.

Net inflows from all investment institutions amounted to ?625million which was ?116 million higher than Q4 '03 but still a low figure according to the bank.More than half(?342m) of this inflow went into bonds which indicates that the investors are still risk averse.

In the 12 month period to April 04 the total amount of bank deposits of private households rose by ?14billion to ?249 billion.Fixed-term deposits showed a growthof 11%.

The bank also reports that corporate credit growth remains low and that this may be partly explained by the tightening of credit restrictions by the banks last year.Furthermore the banks expect a modest credit demand this year from businesses and the expectation of industry generally is that investments will amount to 2% in 2004."

That's my translation from an article in Dutch.The last part was rather woolly in Dutch as is the translation.

Can anyone tell me if the Windows XP restore function will help remove the claw hammer from the processor? Is it possible the mother board has been damaged by repeated run thrus of a 1/2" drill at 5000 rpm? I tried re-booting, but like the first time pummeling the outer case with a hunting boot gave no results.

yobob1, you aren't clear on what the problems is or I am too stupid

to understand claw hammers in other than my tool box.

I have WindowsXP and have used the Restore function but it did

not fix the problem. Something was blocking the opening of files.

"Word" is my basic wordprocessing thingee and it was trying to

open every execution file, thus preventing a proper boot.

I have SmallOffice WindowsXP. I reloaded that disk and selected

the repair function vs start from scratch.

I have done that 3 times in the last couple months.

It seems to work until it doesn't work. LOL

The workarounds were horrendous. "Run" and "Windows Explorer" didn't work.

Finally got "Search" to get me to the CD drive and then I prayed. :rolleyes:

Good Luck!

Sherlock

My aging Lexmark printer met a similar fate about 2 weeks ago: death by 12" flathead screwdriver.

I kept it around on my printer shelf for a day or two as a warning to its new replacement HP....

:lol: :lol:

Damn,

I was so excited about CECO today that I forgot about the WMT puts I bought yesterday.

Bought yesterday 2 WMT jan 05 puts @ 6.90 now worth 7.60 +11.76%

:)

Big fat 10B on/rp for a net 5.75B net add today.

This repo add is distrubing to bears like myself since, and like I alluded to this morning, additional adds at this point indicate that the monetary base growth target of the Fed has been increased.

Effectively you will have the Fed on June 30 raising rates a tiny quarter of a per cent (and still about 4% less than inflation) while at the same time starting a quantitative easing of money.

I will be reducing short fund positions on the close today, with the first objective of going short again on June 30 or July 1 - depending on market conditions. The work of the Doc, Stained Jeans, Goldmember, etc. also makes me cautious over the next week - although I do agree with B4 and some others that a breakdown soon would be a sign that I am wrong about the short term market direction.

HB: Most ironic that when on the surface it will percieved that he is tightening, he in fact is doing what he always does, easing. Central planning /bailing out all the recklessness at its finest. So fricking tired of all the reckless idiots getting bailed out. Might as well take out the biggest mgt and run up a bunch of credit cards. Why not? Stupid is smart, reckless is prudent. The sky was yellow and the sun was blue. The asset mkts can not be allowed to decline, no excpetions, no ifs ands and buts. Why is it so many refuse to see what they are openily manipulationg the asset mkts?

Archived