B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, May 18

The jam is providing a fringe benefit. I've been riding GBP/USD up from 1.7716.

The Bonar is also getting hammered versus JPY (well below 113) and losing some versus EUR (above 1.2).

post-20-1084957434_thumb.jpg

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sherlock - I think I know what you mean. I've never felt so angry about the cynical abuse going on in the US political system. They are all fecking useless and in it for their own pocket or penis size.

The same with the press who have no curiousity to say, "hey wait a minute this fish really stinks.."

I come from UK where at least the journalists pride themselves in catching a politician out even if it was with their pants down. An exclusive is what sold their paper as there was no regional loyalty. Perhaps its a British Schadenfraude but

over here, I don't see that - People in Houston buy Houston Chronicle. People in New York read Times or Post. They don't get to see alternative print media. Forget the TV except PBS or International News Channel on Cable.

Bush in a world of equals, would have struggled being a town Mayor yet he is the most powerful man in the world. Unbelievable. Surely, this is not the best man the Republicans have in their party ?

On the other hand, the alternative of Kerry is piss poor choice. The only selling point he has is that he is not Bush. Senetorial, yes. Presidential, Hmm. Al Gore the choice before him was also poor candidate.

I dispair that these people could even be considered "Leaders of the Free world".

I am coming to the conclusion that Democracy as it's practiced today is a sham. It is a 17th or 18th century model that had outlived itself. It was designed for a time when communications were slower and lesser people voted. (I'd like to add that people were lesser educated but reflecting on today, I am not so sure.) You get to vote once every few years and that is it. I am not advocating a revolution or strong man but we need a modern political system that is for the people, seen by the people and controlled by the people.

Don't know about lesser educated. You should see some of the letters soldiers sent to their loved ones during the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. They had a much better command of the language than most college grads do today.

Sherlock - I think I know what you mean. I've never felt so angry about the cynical abuse going on in the US political system. They are all fecking useless and in it for their own pocket or penis size.

The same with the press who have no curiousity to say, "hey wait a minute this fish really stinks.."

I come from UK where at least the journalists pride themselves in catching a politician out even if it was with their pants down. An exclusive is what sold their paper as there was no regional loyalty. Perhaps its a British Schadenfraude but

over here, I don't see that - People in Houston buy Houston Chronicle. People in New York read Times or Post. They don't get to see alternative print media. Forget the TV except PBS or International News Channel on Cable.

Bush in a world of equals, would have struggled being a town Mayor yet he is the most powerful man in the world. Unbelievable. Surely, this is not the best man the Republicans have in their party ?

On the other hand, the alternative of Kerry is piss poor choice. The only selling point he has is that he is not Bush. Senetorial, yes. Presidential, Hmm. Al Gore the choice before him was also poor candidate.

I dispair that these people could even be considered "Leaders of the Free world".

I am coming to the conclusion that Democracy as it's practiced today is a sham. It is a 17th or 18th century model that had outlived itself. It was designed for a time when communications were slower and lesser people voted. (I'd like to add that people were lesser educated but reflecting on today, I am not so sure.) You get to vote once every few years and that is it. I am not advocating a revolution or strong man but we need a modern political system that is for the people, seen by the people and controlled by the people.

Don't know about lesser educated. You should see some of the letters soldiers sent to their loved ones during the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. They had a much better command of the language than most college grads do today.

people get the govt they deserve. obese, uneducated, jaded people with a strong sense of entitlement sell their souls for a few more days of ease and pleasure. While the lean, hungry barbarians are at the gate.

Dow futures are up 86 but all is not well in the world of fleeting and fake stock rallies

crude oil is off its lows, still above $40

gold is up almost 5 bucks

bonds are down almost half a point

we'll see how high of an entry point they want to give us for shorting the Dow and NASCRAP......giving us a gift here :)

take it higher gentlemen, see you back at 9800 soon

Archived