B4 The Bell Tuezleday

Guest yobob1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plunger, that FNM story sure sets off alarm bells. Like a big crack, silently stealing up the side of the edifice.

Hyper, uffta. Yea, why else would Homeland Security want such a vehicle if not to subdue citizens? It's marching towards us and getting closer by the day.

Something changed today. Can't you all feel it? I can. Something opened up, something gave way, something broke loose, there is flow. The markets are showing that. A big shift. It feels - well - good. Even if we don't know what's up ahead, just having some of the pressure released, letting things go the way they need to go, provides a bit of a rush. Thanks again to all of you here on B4. :rolleyes:

DJ Japan Tanigaki:Snow, Greenspan Remarks Consistent With G7

TOKYO (Dow Jones)--Japan's finance minister said Wednesday recent remarks by U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow and Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan on currency rate moves are consistent with what was agreed on at the Group of Seven finance chiefs' meeting February in Florida.

Japan and the United States "basically confirmed each other's view" on currency policy at the G7 meeting and have reached a common understanding on the issue, Sadakazu Tanigaki said at an Upper House budget committee meeting.

"I think the remarks (by Snow and Greenspan) are within the framework" of this agreement, Tanigaki said, suggesting he thinks Snow and Greenspan weren't criticizing Japan's huge yen-selling campaign.

Dow Jones Newswires

Press release:

Fannie Mae and The National Association of Home Builders to Focus on Affordable Housing for America's Working Families

Third Phase of Expanded American Dream Commitment Focuses on Increasing Supply of Affordable Housing Where It Is Needed Most

WASHINGTON, March 9 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is being issued by

Fannie Mae and The National Association of Home Builders:

WHEN: March 11, 2004

11:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon

WHO: Franklin D. Raines

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Fannie Mae

Bobby Rayburn

President, National Association of Home Builders

Jeffrey S. Juster

Senior Vice President and National Agency Manager, Key Commercial

Mortgage

Susan Baker

Co-Chair, The National Alliance to End Homelessness

Reverend Dr. Floyd H. Flake

Senior Pastor of Greater Allen A.M.E. Cathedral of New York

Bob Greer

President, Michaels Development Corporation

WHAT: Fannie Mae (NYSE: FNM), the nation's largest source of financing for home mortgages, and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) will announce a major collaborative effort to help address the housing needs of America's working families, who often cannot afford to live in or near the communities they serve. The focus on workforce housing is part of the third phase of Fannie Mae's Expanded American Dream Commitment, which will also be announced at the event and will set forth the company's commitment to increasing affordable housing where it is needed most.

WHERE: Wardman Court Apartments and Condominiums

1312 Clifton Street, N.W.

Washington, D.C. 20009

Wardman Court has three adjoining buildings -- 1350, 1312, and

1308 Clifton Street. The event will be held in the center

courtyard in front of 1312 Clifton Street, between the 1350 and

1308 buildings.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....+2004,+04:40+PM

Albertsons and Kroger both WARNED today-a few days back I posted that the tapped out consumer was finally having to make choices-one of the first places that those choices show up is the Grocery Biz-they are buying less and more store brands and the chains have narrow profit margins and the store brands have almost zero mark-up-so these two warnings are just another log on the growing fire!

I heard from a vendor that Winn Dixie was in stress as well. The one two punch of gas heating bills for Jan and Feb plus the increase in gas at the pump showing up on the Capital One has got to show up somewhere. Frankly I was expecting a primal scream from WMT by this time! Maybe the tax refunds are holding back the tide.

WTF is this "working family" that needs special attention all of a sudden? Pretty much every famn damily I know has somebody working. Did someone wake up this morning and figure that most of the modern world is a special case from now on?

WTF does that shite mean?

And "workforce housing"? huh ? Is that as ominous as it sounds?

:mellow: :blink:

I think 1133, will hold tomorrow , if we even get there.

Agree, HiHat. Spoos bounced off the 50-day today and settled inside the wedge. However, B4 sees continued decline tomorrow and I never fade B4. ;)

This is all probably going to go down a lot quicker than many think

Agree with that, too. Bulls are overdue for a surprise move down. B) At some point bagholders are going to need a change of undergarments. :P

Archived