B4 The Bell, Wednesday, February 25

Guest yobob1

Question: What is the truest definition of Globalization?

Answer: Princess Diana's death.

Question: How come?

Answer: An English princess with an

Egyptian boyfriend crashes in a

French tunnel, driving a

German car with a

Dutch engine, driven by a

Belgian who was drunk on

Scottish whisky, (check the bottle before you change the spelling) followed closely by

Italian Paparazzi, on

Japanese motorcycles; treated by an

American doctor, using

Brazilian medicines.

This is sent to you by an

American, using Bill Gates's technology, and you're probably reading this on your computer, that uses

Taiwanese chips, and a

Korean monitor, assembled by

Bangladeshi workers in a

Singapore plant, transported by

Indian truck drivers, hijacked by

Indonesians, unloaded by

Sicilian longshoremen, and trucked to you by

Mexican illegals....

That, my friends, is Globalization

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MH- OK the claw back is similar to here almost to the same income parameters.  I agree it is not fair here or in the U.S. but leaving that aside.  Where is the shortfall in your plan is it contributions aren't high enough or the Goobermint has spent the money???

In the US the funds are basically gone...looted...

As far as the baby boom quickening...It begins next year 2005 the rate of draw starts moving up quicker and quicker...

The only reason Canada has it so good is because we are the second largest nation on the planet but with extremely low population...

Winters clean out the dead wood and the oceans keep the hoards away...

Essentially the SS in the US is a pyramid scheme, new contributors pay off old contributors. There is no real savings. In fact, there has never been an attempt to actually save the money and invest it - it's just a lockbox with IOUs inside.

The lock in this case is worthless, since there is no real assets worth protecting.

Bearhugs, I don't know if this makes sense, but humour me. There won't be an increased demand for things as you claim, but a decreased demand. Prices CAN rise in this atmosphere ,if competition is constrained and productivity drops. The surviving businesses form cartels, trade associations, or oligopolies and fix prices. They market to the surviving customer--those who have money-and lots of it. People don't understand that the market dynamics we've grown accustomed to will change completely. It's not all monetary policy or a question of price reflecting what Jsix pack can afford.

In the future, if you aren't making a big income, you'll be right out of the game. Those who favour social darwinism, as expressed in modern economies are in for a huge thrill. Alas, the marvellous "clearing out" restructuring, cleansing, so tidy in the abstract, will become a little more up close and personal when the neighbours are slowly starving to death. This could happen. And noone's going to extend them credit, dumped from a helicopter or otherwise.

Forgive me for going on like a broken record on this point. It's as clear as glass to me. Energy, commodities, consumer goods, will be very expensive, relative to income. REal estate will drop like a rock.

Archived