Long Weekend Discussion

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coal stocks today remind me of the steel stocks back in December 2005 and January 2006.

Spectacular collapse from a peak.

Nice rally that failed.

Then another big selloff.

Then another huge volume breakout.

Nobody bought it because nobody believed it, after being burned so many times trying to pick a bottom.

big.chart?symb=x&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=994422&style=320&freq=1&startdate=12%2F4%2F2004&enddate=12%2F1%2F2005&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=3603&mocktick=1

big.chart?symb=aks&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=12303&style=320&freq=1&startdate=12%2F4%2F2004&enddate=1%2F28%2F2006&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=5505&mocktick=1

Wndy: We need to know what your future in-law is about. See if he'll put 10% of the portfolio in precious coins. I doubt anyone in a 2 block radius of your neighborhood holds any.

574135[/snapback]

He's an 80-year old Jewish lawyer from Long Island. Ultra stubborn, impossible to have any meaningful discussion with him. He looks exactly like the deposed Shah of Iran. I call him the "Retired Dictator". He watches CNN 24/7 and is heavily immersed in politics. Doesn't really follow the stock market that much.

Got hosed big time by some brokers many years ago, so he refuses to take any stock tips or advice from anybody, including me. Only buys stocks in companies he knows, and thinks are "safe".

I suppose that if he lived in Houston instead of Long Island, he would have had all of his money piled into Enron.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived