Weak-end thread June 10-13th.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hunter, I'm not familiar with hydraulic ram pumping. Can you give a brief explanation?

I have friends with a solar heated house in North Carolina. They very rarely have to use even the wood-burning stove they have, much less their furnace. Admittedly N.C. has a much milder winter climate than much of the U.S. but it does get in the 20's and 30's there, or even colder, in the winter. Perhaps that will fuel the next round of construction spending -- retrofitting for more energy efficiency and newer heating/cooling technologies.

A hydraulic ram takes water from a lower pool to an elevated storage area using a smaller piston to drive another piston. The weight of water from the source is greater than the weight of water being moved from the same source. Check valves prevent backflows and breaking the prime.

Rams operate 24/7 and may have freezing problems in sevier-winter, but that depends on the input water temp and how quickly it is moved from the source. Rams were used before electricity came to rural areas usually using a freeflowing spring as their source...60-65 degree water.

Regretably, I do not have a link but will search for one on the net or in my collection of old books/articles. :D

Any stoolies remember that post I made about the interview with that guy concerning the Mayan calander. Remember what he said. "The truth about a great many things will be surfacing around the 8th of june 2004".

It has started.

same gist as saturn conjuncting the USA sun.

a confluence, mayhap.

Wow, Hunter, thank you.

I thought I was familiar with a lot of older technologies but this is a new one on me.

The ingenuity with which people have solved problems never fails to amaze me.

Innovation is a marvel.

Just got back from the store and well standing in line at the check-out one can't help but peruse the Tabloids apropos to todays topic the "News of the World" which usually has on it's front page-Doomsday Prophecies-Or Invasion of the Green People, today had a headline which read CIA- Leak and then a Picture of Big Swinging Dick and a then a Headline which said "CIA-Leak proves VP Cheney is a Robot" Oh Dick say it ain't so! On another topic our NG supplier in British Columbia-Terasen Gas has applied to raise rates for the second time in six months this increase if approved would be 5% for every $100.- of usage. Now we pay a lot less than you do because we are sitting very close to the source so get ready for one big increase down there. Now Terasen like almost all NG suppliers makes no profit on the NG their profit comes from feeding it into the system and ultimately your home. They buy in bulk from the producers and it goes into the lines at cost. They say they need the increase to off set rising demand which requires more and more pipelines. So again as I have said for months there is no shortage of NG but a huge shortage of pipelines to carry it to market. So you have rising demand against a constricted supply as all pipelines are at capacity. There is only one way for the price to go and that is up. In the end new pipelines will be built but never fast enough to meet demand. These rising costs for necessities-NG, Gasoline, Heating Oil, food etc are set against a backdrop of falling wages and rising debt when the Consumer is faced with the choice between consumption and driving their vehicles and warmth versus cold. Then retailers across the board are Dogmeat.

Quick question Brian. Would that 5% increase be $105 or $105.26316 as on the

mark-up method? That extra 26+ cents mounts up rather quickly when

price-quantity comes into play per 100,000.

I've been reading a lot about the bad economic situation in Australia on different threads here on Capitalstool....

But are things actually THIS bad ????

Australians chew mice to win holiday

Two Australian men may be prosecuted after they chewed live mice and bit off their tails as part of a pub competition to win a holiday.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CHEWING MICE

Holy Crap!!!...here's another good place to send a bunch of war ships...and with a convenient excuse to do so.

Bush Knew All Along

Cohen said that American President George W. Bush knew of the assassination plot more than eight months ago, and that the report was leaked now for "election purposes".

Asked about the significance of the timing of leaking information on the alleged assassination attempt, Cohen said: "There are forces in the U.S. who want to protect the President" lest American people "would be upset with Bush for negotiating a deal with Gaddafi".

Francis Boyle, professor of international law at the College of Law, University of Illinois, agreed, telling IOL: "The neo-conservatives could use the case "to go one step further and destroy Gaddafi".

Boyle did not rule out a military action against Libya similar to that of Iraq, both countries have large oil reserves.

Libya said earlier this week that its potential oil reserves of 100 billion barrels could be three times higher than those already proven and that many American firms have expressed interest in developing them once Washington's sanctions are lifted.

http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2...article09.shtml

Archived