World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Restive rumination

Brazil and Turkey ETFs getting slaughtered (BRUZ & TUR) Clouds DBX & FSCT getting rained on.

Gold and Silver just stilling around like they've become some ancient relic.

Gold trading like dog poop.

It's starting to look more and more like another bear flag on the daily.

I have stop on a break below 1212.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if interest rates keep rising then gold, silver may be done for a while.

what good is the stuff if mother earth is scorching anyway?

I'm looking forward to turning bullish on gold one of these years.  But the patterns have been relentlessly bearish. Higher probability of low late Q4. 

The late day swoon yesterday and then overnight was coincident with a little brush fire in the Forex market as the Turkish Lira swooned on the news that Trump is slapping tariffs on Turkish metals. I can't imagine Turkey's external debt amounts to much it just adds to the rising tide of emerging markets debt under stress. When a currency is under stress then its debt is too.

Noland has been beating his drum on the stresses building, and faltering liquidity, in the periphery.  

Oh - I didn't realize about the tariffs. Turkey has just lost its mind. I spent a few months there back in the late 1980's after the Kurdish incident. It was a really making some progress back then. They were really proud that they had a secular government with all the modern checks and balances. How they ended up falling for Erdogan's ploy to centralize his power is beyond me. So I just thought they were going down the tubes of their own making. But the tariffs would explain it. Thanks! Yeah - I used to read Doug Noland every week when he first got started. It has an interesting mind. I miss his prudent bear chat.

Gold trading like dog poop.

It's starting to look more and more like another bear flag on the daily.

I have stop on a break below 1212.

Let me know if you get stopped out. I may bail as well. I guess the pull to own precious metals right now may be getting overwhelmed by the fact that you can earn 2.05% in a Vanguard Prime Money Market account. Gold isn't paying interest and it's not like we're at 0% anymore. I haven't kept up with what the cost of production is there days but possibly we're looking at a new normal in gold prices.

Doing my usual screening of small cap growth stocks. Enter CRCM (Care.com). Weeee I'm going to connect moms to baby sitters and have an IPO and get rich!!! Oh wait maybe not!

The plan being to give caregivers a free account and then frustrate the hell out of them until they pay $19 a month! P/E on this thing is a celestial 86. It opened on IPO day at $22 in 2013 and here five years later is stilling at $18. And this stock was touted over and over again as the hottest must buy woman run business to invest in. What a joke.

Who buys this junk! Good grief!

post-3643-0-20070200-1533928592_thumb.png

Here's Noland.  Still plugging away after 19 years. Personally I think 2 or 4 more rounds of QE to the tune of tens and tens of trillions will keep the powerful, ie. corporations,  liquid and powerful till long after I'm gone.

https://creditbubblebulletin.blogspot.com/p/credit-bubble-bulletin.html

I think he's like the Blue's Brothers - on a mission from God. B)

Metropolitan Bank Holding company: Said to be the only pure play Bitcoin investment without directly investing in Bitcoin but in the transactions.

Hmm... P/E isn't bad but Bitcoin seems so yesterday. If it wasn't for third world dictators destroying their own currency I doubt Bitcoin would stand a chance.

But that hasn't stopped the millennials at the gym from pumping their savings into Bitcoin.

post-3643-0-51412100-1533929669_thumb.png

Here's Noland.  Still plugging away after 19 years. Personally I think 2 or 4 more rounds of QE to the tune of tens and tens of trillions will keep the powerful, ie. corporations,  liquid and powerful till long after I'm gone.

https://creditbubblebulletin.blogspot.com/p/credit-bubble-bulletin.html

I've been  posting CBB every weekend. 

Archived