WMD

QUOTE (richmtn @ Mar 20 2003, 08:35 PM)

AMZN, YHOO and EBAY eat shorts for breakfast. ?

The grand canyon is a hole in the ground.

I gave up shorting EBAY at 72. Dare I say "Thank Allah"

Yahoo is a piece of "stool" as well. But, it goes to show that there is no connect to true value in the "short" run.

AN Observation....

None of these stocks had a short setup......wether they are POS or not is irrelevant.. is the chart showing you a short setup and how many probabailities do you have in your favour ? what is the risk reward setup for the trade? what is your timeline reference for a CIT in the stock?

You got me there. If they had a short setup then the world would have piled on. Like a good photographer, I hope to first on the scene. The shitty part is that I have noticed that in falls on the open nearly every day then rallys. And each day I think is is different so I hold my position. The good news is that the beta is big. The bad news is that although I see the pattern, I don't follow thru.

Photographer being first on the scene???? whats that got to do with trading? The world piling on???? ask the average trader does he have a short account open.... NO. It aint being first on the scene that makes you the money it is identifying the change in trend that will bring you success.

Victor Sperandeo has written a few books that are of help with regards to CIT trading styles

Thanks for the tip. I suppose if you are going to read books by the experts one is as good as the other.

Taking the "read the books approach", I suppose you can judge the worth of the advice by the net worth of the author. Now, if you go by that, the best and most wealthy, generally bet against the true value of the security in question. And they are generally in opposition to the current concensus. They do not rely on tea leaves or people that make their money selling books.

Anyway, I'm back short yhoo at 23.05.

and the avatar is not retouched!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Read this....a friend of mine from a City Market Makers in London

Quote"now that we are out of trading, let me tell you something that put me off my trading today..a journalist phones me and ask if we make a book on the duration of the war, and the number of days SH will remain in power....I asked the journalist who was from a big UK newspaper if he had completely lost his f... plot...there are people dying and you want to run a bet on the days it takes for the allies to get in control...you are a shame to your profession....slammed the phone down...phoned him up again and told him in no uncertain terms what i would do if he ever phoned me again...."

and my reply to him was:

that's pure utter cheap filth.....I hope you sent him to BadGag to spend the next few days tucked up in a bunker with BadMan

Almost as bad as Crudlow and Creamer cheering for the bombs to start dropping so the market will go up.

Archived