Perspective

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we're finally getting up into some decent resistance areas pre-open. Looks like a probable open near the highs of the day. Running into 200 day EMAs on Nazzie and Soxie. 875 area should be at least a pausing point for the SPX.

Hopefully, we won't do the Netherlands thing and go up 26% in 4 trading days. :shocked

I have come to one conclusion. This is the biggest "Applause Sign" rally in history in support of the government. There is no resistence and there are no limits. It will go on until the government no longer needs to convince the public that war is good. It will end when the powers in charge decide it will end. I wouldn't short this thing right now. Just throw your logic and playbook out the window for the time being. Doc even admitted that the market was pumped for the last election. What do you think they are going to do for a war?

Suctors and Stoolwethers are posted. Last week several of these charts were clearly signalling a low after Turdsday's turn before it was clear in the averages as a whole. They are now saying the market is going higher, and it is goint to get where it's going fast. It's a good idea to at least glance over these charts daily! When a handful of these charts start to turn, the market will follow. AMZN, ouch! But the chart was clearly bullish all the way. Most stoolwethers and suctors nailed their downside cmaps. Clear warnings, to which Doc did not pay sufficient heed.

While this may seem like a large orchestrated rally, I say nonsense. There is NOTHING on the charts that hasn't been seen MANY times before. We were very Dover Sole, and the market finally found it's footing and kicked into gear. If it makes you feel better to blame someone, then feel free. But there is no technical basis for such an argument.

Also, when both gold and oil made major intermediate term spike tops during the last month, it was a sign that a big rally was coming soon. It just didn't go as low as some of us would have liked before rallying. Oh well, that's life in the markets. You need to listen to the market and adjust or you will get killed.

I have made some changes to the board settings which will hopefully prevent Verio from shutting us down. I have set the maximum posts per page at 20 and made other minor changes. At 20 posts per page, when you refresh, especially if you are writing a post, you are going to miss the last couple posts on the previous page when the posts are coming fast and furious. When things slow down, you may wish to go back to see what you missed.

If this doesn't work, access to this thread will be limited to registered board users. That means non-registered users will be unable to see the thread. While many will register, those who casually land on the page will be shut out.

I have also set the board so that if we do begin to overload the server, it will temporarily block access when the load begins to spike.

Hopefully these steps prevent us from getting any more death threats from the webhost, and will enable the IDS forum to stay free.

While this may seem like a large orchestrated rally, I say nonsense. There is NOTHING on the charts that hasn't been seen MANY times before. We were very Dover Sole, and the market finally found it's footing and kicked into gear. If it makes you feel better to blame someone, then feel free. But there is no technical basis for such an argument.

K-wave, I agree completely. Yes, certainly the trigger for the rally could have been "engineered", "manipulated", or whatever. But the charts were saying for quite a while that another intermediate-term low and a bear market rally were close at hand.

As I've said elsewhere: Don't be a bull. Don't be a bear. Be a hyenna and follow the profits - not an ideology.

Now let's start looking for the next intermediate-term top. :grin:

Regards,

Vesselin

stoolheimers! :rolleyes:

i'm still alive, took a nap last night, have 20 books or so on my desk and make the famous "paraphrase out of one book, wrote most of the thesis based on it, but dont mention it in your literature list" trick :lol: :lol:

Comming night i wont take a nap, maybe, we will see, but soolies, i see the light! :)

Well, DAX again up 3.5% (was up 5% some point this morning). We havent broken downtrendline now, also on nasquark not, but if that thng breaks out to the upside it could be huge.

We had not only one sign last week, that a low could be very well be in the making, thoise who raised their warning finger almost got clobbered here, this happens again and again and again since i am here and that is since May 2002. It will happen again and why? Becasue people TALK about that final arbiter is price, but they DONT LISTEN to it. Final arbiter is price. Period. With an deductive method you can all see that you listen to price in every day trading. When big economic data comes out, do you spring into the market or do you foirst wait what price makes? You wait of course. So there you listen to price, but in the bigger you dont listen? Hmmmm.

This world is crazy and nop stoolie on earth did expect the rally which happend after sep11 2001, no trader on earth expected that. I have no clue where this will end, but i wouldbt be surprised to see part 2 of monster rally like autumn 2001.

Good trading everyone!

"waiter! My Aspirin pills and 2 cigarettes, vite vite!! :angry: :lol: :lol:

Archived