IDS World Markets Thurs 9th October 08

This is a quote from your 10/8 Fed report:

Digesting the rapid changes in the rules of the game becomes more challenging each day. The Fed is obviously now debasing the currency, but to what effect?

697798[/snapback]

Doc,

I would like for you to clarify your conflicting statements. The answer is very important to me.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a little song I wrote

You might want to sing it note for note

Don't worry

Its only money

In every life we have some trouble

But when you add to your longs you make it double

Don't worry

Its only money

Ain't got no place to lay your head

You lost it all, and the screen is still red

Don't worry

Its only money

The landlord say your rent is late

He may have to litigate

Don't Worry

He'll never see his money

Pretty much 98% of all stocks are dogs lately :unsure:  :lol:

697819[/snapback]

He tends to be a bit early on his buys. Once the market turns back up, his stocks will fly I'll bet. But how much further down will it go before it turns back up is the question. With those TED spreads and numerous other things a mess, could be a long way down there, BWTFDIK? Doc seems to think the market is not the most bullish thing in the world too, and he certainly knows more than I do.

I am not quick or skilled enough to trade a market like this.

My hat's off to KW 'cos I realize how hard it is to do and how few folks are that quick and talented.

I watch the market for entertainment purposes only now. If it ever gets to where the Dow doesn't go up or down 100 or more in a few minutes frequently, maybe I'll put some of my cash into it long or short somehow.

This market is so upside down right now that Cramer is RIGHT-- a black swan occurrence to be sure. Dow has lost, what 800 points or more since he told people to GTFON.

the canary......coming to a country near you

REYKJAVIK, Iceland - Iceland suspended trading on its stock exchange for two days and took control of the country's largest bank ? the third to be placed under its protective umbrella ? on Thursday as it grappled with a banking crisis that is threatening to engulf the entire country.

Over the last few weeks, as Doc's subscribers know already, the Ass'n'Pee has been progressively steepening it's down channel. If 965 area doesn't hold, we may get the big wave down me thinks.

post-2253-1223564164_thumb.jpg

post-2253-1223564190.jpg

the canary......coming to a country near you

REYKJAVIK, Iceland - Iceland suspended trading on its stock exchange for two days and took control of the country's largest bank ? the third to be placed under its protective umbrella ? on Thursday as it grappled with a banking crisis that is threatening to engulf the entire country.

697822[/snapback]

Been wondering if I should take cash out of Bank of Ireland. I wonder if the government can really guarantee it? They have even started to guarantee non-Irish stuff. Thats gota be BS. Problem is I have a large percentage of my net worth in bullion already.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/1009/saving.html

Finance Minister Brian Lenihan has said the Government plans to extend its guarantee scheme for banks to a number of other banks with a major presence in Ireland.

Archived