The Russian Revolution

try that doctors nite guard-$20 at cvs, wal, wmt

if it is migraine it may start with muscle tension in neck and face

Bingo on the neck tension.

This one was probably from watching the Gold wedgie too intently... :lol:

Prevention would probably be the best solution... :rolleyes:

But I'll get some of nite guard, just in case.....

Thanks

drink lots of clean water and use ice pack on neck 30 min on 30 min off and dont touch teeth together at all unless eating. dentist told my wife not to use heating pad as it feel good but makes condition worse. ice encourages blood flow to muscles which is the oposite of other tissues

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys know how much I love da big round numbers...

Naz Comp right at a huge one on Furday....

Could be a move towards low 2300's on deck....but if we don't start down ASAP, LOA...

Ya, that massive upper resistance line is a dousy. The biggest in years if we break out.

QQQQ 45 area looks like the key? The longer term charts seem to show 45 on the QQQQ as a solid brick wall.

If you check out my ta channels we will break out on any move above.

It seems this should take volume? What is your opinion on that?

I don't see any long-term significance to the 45 level on the Q's.

The next major resistance level is not until 51+. That's 13% higher.

Obvious support at 42.75-43.25. Super-important support at 40ish.

The dilemma is that, while I see the Q's looking to head to the next level of key resistance at $51ish, I'm not sure it can get there with the current rally since I'm seeing some pretty important key resistance levels only 4-6% higher with tech bellwethers like IXCO, SWH and others.

If the IXCO is stopped at 1151-1177, as I suspect, then the Q's will be stopped as well since the IXCO represents the tech stock universe (over 500 components). The Q's are 56% technology-weighted.

As you might imagine, the QQQQs and the IXCO have moved largely in tandem.

The QQQQs have gained 132% since Oct 2002. The IXCO has gained 124%. Both the QQQQs and IXCO fell exactly 84% between March 2000 and Oct 2002. So the moves have been nearly identical from 2000-2007.

But the pct moves and initial declines to and from the March 2000 top were somewhat different given that the largecrap techs were significant outperforming the broader techs near the end of the bubble.

For example, the neckline of the 99-00 bubble on the QQQQs was 51+, 13% higher than current prices. But the bubble neckline was 1151-1177 on the IXCO, just 4-6% higher than today's print.

Also, the first chart print on the IXCO was 1150 back in 1998 while it was 40.22 for the QQQQs. The QQQQs moved up 196% from late 1998 to March 2000 while the IXCO only moved up 160%.

For the last few years, it has become a battle of competing resistance and support for the Q's and the IXCO. The major points of resistance for the Q's were 40ish, 42.75ish and now 51ish while the key levels on the IXCO were 975-1000 and now 1151-1177.

The Q's tagged 40 back in late 2004 and got turned away for nearly a year. Then they ran up to 42.75-43.25 in early 2006 and got turned away for nearly a year again. The IXCO reached its target of 975-1000 in early 2004. It appeared the Q's were ready to tackle 40, but they were held back by the fact that the IXCO was at resistance.

The Q's tagged 42.75-43.25 in early 2006. It appeared that the IXCO was ready to tackle its next level at 1151-1177 but it was held back by the fact that the Q's were at resistance.

And so it goes.

Now we again have a situation where the IXCO is nearing key resistance (4-6% higher) while the Q's have 13% more room to run. But it is likely the Q's will be held back by the IXCO just like in early 2004.

If this transpires, it creates the potential for a up/down/up scenario, or possibly an up/down/up/down scenario.

Here's one scenario that might fit:

----IXCO rises 4-6% to 1151-1177 while QQQQs rise to 47.12-48.00.

----Then we see a correction back towards QQQQ 42.75-43.25. A 10%+ selloff.

----Then a glory run to QQQQ 51ish, a 20% rally, with bigcrap tech in the lead.

----Then possibly a much larger correction back to mega-molto-longterm-support at IXCO 975-1000 and QQQQ 40ish. A 20% selloff or so. (Sep/Oct?)

Either way, watch 40ish, 43ish and then 51ish on the Q's. Those levels should tell you all you need to know. Also watch 975-1000 and 1151-1177 on the IXCO.

All this, of course, is pure guesstimation. But these major charts have been genuflecting to key levels for many, many years. I am making the assumption they will continue to do so.

Long-term, if the IXCO can ultimately move above 1151-1177 and the Q's above 51ish, it could set up a massive tech rally of 40-50% or more in 2008 and 2009. My targets for such a rally would be IXCO 1469-1770 (+33% to +60% from current levels) and QQQQ 57-69 (+26% to +53% from current levels.)

It needs to be stressed that the 51ish level on the Q's and the 1151-1177 level on the IXCO are the last remaining key levels of resistance before these fine investment vehicles re-enter the Realm of the Bubble. If/when that happens, LOA.

But first they have to deal with these very key resistance levels. And they are unlikely to give way without a fight. And if, perchance, the Q's were to fall back under $40, that would be EXTREMELY bearish.

post-2169-1168721920_thumb.jpg

post-2169-1168721929_thumb.jpg

Kwave,

Try taking a daily dose of omega 3 fish oil. It will help to relieve inflamation, which could help with the headaches. Lots of other benefits too. Try two grams a day.

Yeah, I ve been reading quite a bit lately about Fish Oil and it's anti-inflammatory properties, and the links between inflammation and adult onset diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

Anybody know where to get some high quality stuff?

And Metamucil, if you stop by, any thoughts on this?

try that doctors nite guard-$20 at cvs, wal, wmt

if it is migraine it may start with muscle tension in neck and face

Bingo on the neck tension.

This one was probably from watching the Gold wedgie too intently... :lol:

Prevention would probably be the best solution... :rolleyes:

But I'll get some of nite guard, just in case.....

Thanks

drink lots of clean water and use ice pack on neck 30 min on 30 min off and dont touch teeth together at all unless eating. dentist told my wife not to use heating pad as it feel good but makes condition worse. ice encourages blood flow to muscles which is the oposite of other tissues

Thanks again,

When I read the part about the teeth, I suddenly noticed that I was not aware that I was semi clenching my teeth as I read... :lol: :lol:

Gonna have to pay attention to that during the trading day from now on...

Could be a move towards low 2300's on deck....but if we don't start down ASAP, LOA...

Ya, that massive upper resistance line is a dousy. The biggest in years if we break out.

QQQQ 45 area looks like the key? The longer term charts seem to show 45 on the QQQQ as a solid brick wall.

The dilemma is that, while I see the Q's looking to head to the next level of key resistance at $51ish, I'm not sure it can get there with the current rally since I'm seeing some pretty important key resistance levels only 4-6% higher with tech bellwethers like IXCO, SWH and others.

If the IXCO is stopped at 1151-1177, as I suspect, then the Q's will be stopped as well since the IXCO represents the tech stock universe (over 500 components). The Q's are 56% technology-weighted.

The QQQQs have gained 132% since Oct 2002. The IXCO has gained 124%. Both the QQQQs and IXCO fell exactly 84% between March 2000 and Oct 2002. So the moves have been nearly identical from 2000-2007.

But the pct moves and initial declines to and from the March 2000 top were somewhat different given that the largecrap techs were significant outperforming the broader techs near the end of the bubble.

For example, the neckline of the 99-00 bubble on the QQQQs was 51+, 13% higher than current prices. But the bubble neckline was 1151-1177 on the IXCO, just 4-6% higher than today's print.

Also, the first chart print on the IXCO was 1150 back in 1998 while it was 40.22 for the QQQQs. The QQQQs moved up 196% from late 1998 to March 2000 while the IXCO only moved up 160%.

For the last few years, it has become a battle of competing resistance and support for the Q's and the IXCO. The major points of resistance for the Q's were 40ish, 42.75ish and now 51ish while the key levels on the IXCO were 975-1000 and now 1151-1177.

The Q's tagged 40 back in late 2004 and got turned away for nearly a year. Then they ran up to 42.75-43.25 in early 2006 and got turned away for nearly a year again. The IXCO reached its target of 975-1000 in early 2004. It appeared the Q's were ready to tackle 40, but they were held back by the fact that the IXCO was at resistance.

The Q's tagged 42.75-43.25 in early 2006. It appeared that the IXCO was ready to tackle its next level at 1151-1177 but it was held back by the fact that the Q's were at resistance.

And so it goes.

Now we again have a situation where the IXCO is nearing key resistance (4-6% higher) while the Q's have 13% more room to run. But it is likely the Q's will be held back by the IXCO just like in early 2004.

If this transpires, it creates the potential for a up/down/up scenario, or possibly an up/down/up/down scenario.

----Then possibly a much larger correction back to mega-molto-longterm-support at IXCO 975-1000 and QQQQ 40ish. A 20% selloff or so. (Sep/Oct?)

Either way, watch 40ish, 43ish and then 51ish on the Q's. Those levels should tell you all you need to know. Also watch 975-1000 and 1151-1177 on the IXCO.

All this, of course, is pure guesstimation. But these major charts have been genuflecting to key levels for many, many years. I am making the assumption they will continue to do so.

Long-term, if the IXCO can ultimately move above 1151-1177 and the Q's above 51ish, it could set up a massive tech rally of 40-50% or more in 2008 and 2009. My targets for such a rally would be IXCO 1469-1770 (+33% to +60% from current levels) and QQQQ 57-69 (+26% to +53% from current levels.)

It needs to be stressed that the 51ish level on the Q's and the 1151-1177 level on the IXCO are the last remaining key levels of resistance before these fine investment vehicles re-enter the Realm of the Bubble. If/when that happens, LOA.

But first they have to deal with these very key resistance levels. And they are unlikely to give way without a fight. And if, perchance, the Q's were to fall back under $40, that would be EXTREMELY bearish.

45 seems much more important to me. 51 seems like a blip. Please explain why the 10 year chart is not being looked at.....why no monthly chart to smooth things out?

Everything else is awesome. I just don''t get why the 10 year is being ignored almost it seems. Am I wrong or is there something I am missing?

rsi seems to agree with your 51ish target...why should I give that level more prevelance(?) than I am? I dont see it on the 10 year chart.

The mixed signal williams % is interesting none the less.....no clue what it is. I was just checking out some different things.

I really wish I had my Speed resistance lines right now. MArketscreen data is whacked. SRL lines in this environment are very helpful imo. but I have lost the option......

post-2005-1168723673_thumb.jpg

Kwave,

Try taking a daily dose of omega 3 fish oil. It will help to relieve inflamation, which could help with the headaches. Lots of other benefits too. Try two grams a day.

Yeah, I ve been reading quite a bit lately about Fish Oil and it's anti-inflammatory properties, and the links between inflammation and adult onset diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

Anybody know where to get some high quality stuff?

And Metamucil, if you stop by, any thoughts on this?

get one with standardized dha and epa??

swansons may have it. i like their broken cell wall chlorella also

Doc, does hurst theory allow for gold to go to 380 back to where it is profitable and really got the miners to take off? IMO 380 would creat a MASSIVE channel that allows 380 not only to be around the perfect downside entry but the place where you go LTBH for good....permanent.

380 aligned with the dollar scams somehow seems to be a great X-fileish scenario I would ponder on a crash.

I am long NXG with nice gains for my spec miner besides some permanent option gambles that are small and forgotten.

Here is one scenario. I guess I lost the channel chart I did for jickiss with those targets....

post-2005-1168725139_thumb.jpg

Random thoughts since I m pressed for time. In between putting some poor kid back together that smeared himself across the freeway doing triple digits with a blood alcohol level 3x the limit and fixing GMA s hip.

Soup turned bullish last week :ph34r:

Went short the close friday on mr rusty.

Dow new high, spx and rusty lagging.

They may gap the spx up tuesday ove resistance which sets the stage for a gap and crap or island reversal.

Open SPX options suggest we trend down toward 1400 next week. lots of downside to make up in 3 days

Taking the family to The Great Bear Lodge this week, 4 of the last 5 times we ve been have been during a market downturn....go figure :lol:

And so it goes.

45 seems much more important to me. 51 seems like a blip. Please explain why the 10 year chart is not being looked at.....why no monthly chart to smooth things out?

Everything else is awesome. I just don''t get why the 10 year is being ignored almost it seems. Am I wrong or is there something I am missing?

rsi seems to agree with your 51ish target...why should I give that level more prevelance(?) than I am? I dont see it on the 10 year chart.

The mixed signal williams % is interesting none the less.....no clue what it is. I was just checking out some different things.

I really wish I had my Speed resistance lines right now. MArketscreen data is whacked. SRL lines in this environment are very helpful imo. but I have lost the option......

I don't know what you mean by a "10 year chart". The Q's have only been trading for 7 years, so I don't think a 10-year chart would be much help here.

I look at price. If that doesn't work, I look at price. If that fails too, then I look at price.

The more touches on a priceline, the more important. The bigger the reaction on a priceline, the more important. The bigger the index, the more important.

QQQQ's debuted at 40.22 in late 1998. The first time back to 40.22 was a top (early 2005) when Q's topped at 40.21 and sold off 15%. Then Q's came back to 40.06 in Aug05 and topped, sold off 7%. Coincidence? Probably not.

Then Q's ran to 43.23 in Jan06, in the vicinity of the post-9/11 high of 42.74. Then tested 40 three more times, back to 43.00, and fell 17%. Coincidence? Probably not.

Now the Q's have busted thru the key 42.74-43.23 zone. Next stop, based on straightline price magnets, is 51ish: spike low in mid-99, spike low in Jan01, spike high in mid-01.

Everyone sees these levels, so there's no secret sauce here. But they are working. So I'm going to assume they will keep working until they don't. Retracements are a bitch, especially for big fat pigs like the QQQQs.

You can draw any trendline you like, but they haven't worked on a long-term chart like this. Maybe intraday or short-term, trendlines can work. But when trendlines and price collide, price wins. Or at least it has for quite a few years.

What's nice about this chart is that key price and resistance levels are so well-established over many years. So everyone can see what's happening and act accordingly. Above 51, mega-bullish. Above 42.74-43.23 but below 51, bullish. Below 42.74-43.23 but above 40, chop suey. Below 40, bearish. Below 34-35, mega-bearish.

Archived