Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE LAST TWO BOTTLES

Think Goldman and Morgans common wiped out.

Large preference issues from the $700 billion bail out fund.

They will need at least $50 billion each and probably $100 billion each.

THREE GOOD EXPLANATIONS WHY GOLDMEMBER AND MORGAN COMMON ARE DROPPING LIKE STONES:

1/ The big capital raisings - particularly pref shares to come - diluting the common to infinity.

2/ Possible blown up long commodity trades.

3/ Possible vast loans to over leveraged hedge funds they cant get back.

4/ Possible inability to borrow cheaply from commercial paper markets.

Thats what happens when you sail into financial 100 year storm at full sail (high leverage) and no capital (keel and anchor). :ph34r:

You capsize. :ph34r:

The Australian Gubmint is backstopping ALL bank deposits for 3 years.

That's prolly the reason for the bounce in the Aussie.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...refer=australia

699475[/snapback]

Generally, that would lead to a weaker currency because the government has promised to print more money to back the all deposits of failed banks, a huge potential for dilution . These are indeed strange times.

THE LAST TWO BOTTLES

Thats what happens when you sail into financial 100 year storm at full sail (high leverage) and no capital (keel and anchor).? :ph34r:

You capsize.? :ph34r:

699526[/snapback]

"It's scary to have a 30 foot wave chasing you. If you are steering, you don't look back. The crew looks back for you, and you watch their faces. When they look straight up, then get ready!"

-Magnus Olsson

""To the question, "When were your spirits at the lowest ebb?" the obvious answer seemed to be, "When the gin gave out".

-Sir Francis Chichester

"At last, the god-damned engine is quiet!"

-William Snaith

"He was now convinced that the most valuable sail on board was the diesel".

-Ray Kauffman

"I can't wait for the oil wells to run dry, for the last gob of black, sticky muck to come oozing out of some remote well. Then the glory of sail will return."

-Triston Jones

"Cruising has two pleasures. One is to go out in wider waters from a sheltered place. The other is to go into a sheltered place from wider waters".

-Howard Bloomfield

GETTING RID OF THE PANIC DOESNT GET RID OF THE BAD DEBTS

The Governments are guaranteeing anything not nailed down.

bank deposits, wholesale loans .... it will be credit card recievables next.

But it doesnt change the fact that the assets are not going to go up in value anytime soon.

It doesnt make the bad debts good. :ph34r:

It doesnt make the banks solvent. :ph34r:

The fall in the Aussie makes Australian stocks great value.

I have not been this bullish for a long long time.

I have more than that in a safe deposit box. :lol:

699485[/snapback]

Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Mine is in a safe I can access if all banks doors, vaults and ATMs are inaccessible. Why keep your emergency money where the banks can lock you out of it?

I'm guessing this is your "Plan C" money, and your "Plan B" is much closer at hand.

Bond Market Collapse is Imminent

-- Posted Monday, 13 October 2008 | Digg This ArticleDigg It! | Source: GoldSeek.com

By Adrian Douglas

Imagine a country such as Venezuela announced that it was bailing out an investment bank, then just days later said it was nationalizing its mortgage industry, and then just days later that it was bailing out its biggest insurance company, and then just days later its government pledged 700B$ to inject into its failing banks, and then just days later its stock market fell 20%. Would you feel comfortable having your money invested in such a country, in its stock market, in its bond market or in its currency?

I hope you answered ?No? or ?Hell, No!? to the above question! So why should you feel any different about the situation if the country is called ?America?? I am going to show you that the US Bond market is on the brink of collapse and with it will come the collapse of the currency, just as you would expect to be the outcome of such ridiculously inflationary policies in any other country.

[snip and jump]

Many anal cysts are incorrectly talking of deflation. Falling stock markets or falling housing markets do not contract the money supply. The government?s bailouts and ?liquidity? injections on the other hand increase it. John Williams shows at shadowstats.com that the money supply is expanding at 14% and when the government guarantees all bank deposits and probably all interbank lending I can?t imagine what it will be!

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1223911533.php

I believe Doc has mentioned a potential collapse of the bond market. Can somebody please give me the Cliff's notes how Doc's vision compares with this article, similarities and differences? Warning: the source looks like a goldbug with the resulting bias. I'm not trying to defy Doc with more discussion of gold. This is strictly about the possibility of a bond market collapse. "Imminent" implies a very short time frame and reads like propaganda for gold sales.

Generally, that would lead to a weaker currency because the government has promised to print more money to back the all deposits of failed banks, a huge potential for dilution . These are indeed strange times.

699534[/snapback]

Yea, but Oz the strangest thing about Oz is that the Gubmint is running a surplus and has no debt.

No, I'm not making that up. :huh:

An English speaking democracy with a positive cashflow surplus and NO DEBT. :o

Plus, the Banks are basically ALL profitable and have already written off the toxic Merkin crap.

Low Doc/No Doc loans written in Oz are only about 2% of the total outstanding.

So, the "Strange Times" bit of the story is that the Aussie Buck went into freefall at all.... Go figure.

Should be one of the strongest curriencies around, but is one of the weakest.

Bond Market Collapse is Imminent

-- Posted Monday, 13 October 2008 | Digg This ArticleDigg It! | Source: GoldSeek.com

By Adrian Douglas

Imagine a country such as Venezuela announced that it was bailing out an investment bank, then just days later said it was nationalizing its mortgage industry, and then just days later that it was bailing out its biggest insurance company, and then just days later its government pledged 700B$ to inject into its failing banks, and then just days later its stock market fell 20%. Would you feel comfortable having your money invested in such a country, in its stock market, in its bond market or in its currency?

I hope you answered “No” or “Hell, No!” to the above question! So why should you feel any different about the situation if the country is called “America”? I am going to show you that the US Bond market is on the brink of collapse and with it will come the collapse of the currency, just as you would expect to be the outcome of such ridiculously inflationary policies in any other country.

[snip and jump]

Many anal cysts are incorrectly talking of deflation. Falling stock markets or falling housing markets do not contract the money supply. The government’s bailouts and “liquidity” injections on the other hand increase it. John Williams shows at shadowstats.com that the money supply is expanding at 14% and when the government guarantees all bank deposits and probably all interbank lending I can’t imagine what it will be!

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1223911533.php

I believe Doc has mentioned a potential collapse of the bond market.  Can somebody please give me the Cliff's notes how Doc's vision compares with this article, similarities and differences?  Warning: the source looks like a goldbug with the resulting bias.  I'm not trying to defy Doc with more discussion of gold.  This is strictly about the possibility of a bond market collapse.  "Imminent" implies a very short time frame and reads like propaganda for gold sales. 

699547[/snapback]

Best way is to take avantage of the 30 day free trial and read the whole report.

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/?p=3245

Best way is to take avantage of the 30 day free trial and read the whole report.

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/?p=3245

699563[/snapback]

I'm a subscriber, so I have access to the full package.

I've noticed there aren't say different folders or places to go for just the fed report or the real estate report or precious metals.

With the link you gave me, I see on the lower right there are archived months going way way back. I guess I just click on a month and start reading each month and just pay attention to the stuff that catches my interest? The archives look like a LOT of reading to catch up.

Archived