IDS World Markets Fri 6th March 09

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://wavegenius.blogs.com/new/2009/03/el...0609-video.html

Here's a video of the forecast for today of that E-Woofer who looks like a woman but he's a guy. Anyway, what do ewoofers think of his Ewave analysis? He seems bright to me, whatever his gender or sexual orientation may be. But I don't know much about ewoofing myself, so I can't form much of an opinon there.

http://wavegenius.blogs.com/new/2009/03/el...0609-video.html

Here's a video of the forecast for today of that E-Woofer who looks like a woman but he's a guy. Anyway, what do ewoofers think of his Ewave analysis? He seems bright to me, whatever his gender or sexual orientation may be. But I don't know much about ewoofing myself, so I can't form much of an opinon there.

His count is exactly what I've been posting since about Jan. 15 :rolleyes:... so yeah, I agree we're still in 3 of 5. I have us in v of iii of 5, as I've posted in the last several charts.

Looking for wave iii to finish SOON ("soon" is the ultimate Dad Road Trip term, as in, "When will we get to Wally World, dad?" "SOON! So you'll just have to hold it 'til then."). Still expecting a larger bounce coming in the near future -- but I do have a count that suggests we might get an extended v of iii, which could unfold as a crash.

The smaller counts are kinda in flux right now, so pinning down an exact area for a bottom has gotten WAY trickier. For the moment, I'm sticking with my last sighted waypoint, which said we should make a short-term bottom somewhere in our current window -- around 665-680.

w?s=^AORD

Basically a sideways crawl for the rest of the day and it could be a consolidation at the lows which means another slide on Monday.

All Ords closed -1.2% which doesn't sound too bad but some sectors took a solid hit. Worst off was REITS -4.6% followed by Telecomms -3.8% and Financials -1.9%. There were three green sectors, Energy +2.1%, Gold +1.4% and Healthcare +1.2%.

The miners were mixed: BHP -2.3%, RIO -0.1% and in the golds, Newcrest -0.2%, Newmont +1.3% and Lihir +5%.

Some decent rises for the oils: Woodside +4%, Santos +3.5% and Caltex +2%.

Over in Asia, Nikkers did a plunge, -3.5%, China -1.3%, Honkers -1.6% and India +0.1%.

Over to UK/Europe:

Footsie

image;size=239x110

DAX

image;size=239x110

CAC 40

image;size=239x110

http://finance.yahoo.com/

Barbie Moves to Shanghai to Escape U.S. Recession

March 6 (Bloomberg) -- As consumer demand slumps in the U.S. and Europe, Barbie has packed her matching pink luggage and moved to China.

In Shanghai, the 3,500 square meter (37,700 square foot) Barbie store will splash the brand over mobile phones, MP3 players, bed sheets and stationery. ?Barbie-inspired? clothes and accessories, some styled by Field, who was also costume designer for ?The Devil Wears Prada,? are available in children and adult sizes.

Mattel is looking to China for growth after fourth-quarter profit fell 46 percent on the worst U.S. holiday shopping season in four decades. The new store will be the first of a global chain as Mattel expands ?aggressively? in China and abroad, said Richard Dickson, general manager for the Barbie brand.

:rolleyes:

I sure hope all this pessimism signals a bottom...at least for a while.

Denninger is scaring the crap out of me, and I'm about as uber-bearish as you can get.

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archive...-All-Of-It.html

"Civil unrest will break out before the end of the year. The Military and Guard will be called up to try to stop it. They won't be able to. Big cities are at risk of becoming a free-fire death zone. If you live in one, figure out how you can get out and live somewhere else if you detect signs that yours is starting to go "feral"; witness New Orleans after Katrina for how fast, and how bad, it can get.

The good news is that this process will clear The Bezzle out of the system.

The bad news is that you won't have a job, pension, annuity, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and, quite possibly, your life."

I sure hope all this pessimism signals a bottom...at least for a while.

Denninger is scaring the crap out of me, and I'm about as uber-bearish as you can get.

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archive...-All-Of-It.html

"Civil unrest will break out before the end of the year. The Military and Guard will be called up to try to stop it. They won't be able to. Big cities are at risk of becoming a free-fire death zone. If you live in one, figure out how you can get out and live somewhere else if you detect signs that yours is starting to go "feral"; witness New Orleans after Katrina for how fast, and how bad, it can get.

The good news is that this process will clear The Bezzle out of the system.

The bad news is that you won't have a job, pension, annuity, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and, quite possibly, your life."

Well, at least he left out the flaming pits of diesel and the crazed Mad-Max'ers pillaging, looting and throwing women and children into slavery stuff.

And what about the show trials and pubic executions of banksters, politicians and anyone caught with a platinum credit card?

Well, at least he left out the flaming pits of diesel and the crazed Mad-Max'ers pillaging, looting and throwing women and children into slavery stuff.

And what about the show trials and pubic executions of banksters, politicians and anyone caught with a platinum credit card?

Well...not entirely.

Scroll down to the bottom of the article and watch the movie clip.

That will start your day off on the wrong foot. <_<

Archived