Your Inner Spock

They can spin it all they want, Cyclist, but this is a really bad number.

Combined with the lack of uplifting news from INTC, bulls might well be forgiven for starting to doubt their articles of faith.

I agree, but watch 1064 in the sp future and 9850 on the dow

Unemplyment days have a habit of reversing the knee-jerk reaction (today it's down). Personnaly, I'm getting tired of getting jerked around.

Good luck

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was the Matrix caught napping? I'm not so sure.

In the past few days, the Federal Reserve has been under increasingly pointed attack for its "low rates forever" policy. Comparing the 1% Fed funds rate to the 8%-plus GDP growth, critics say the Fed is engineering a bubble.

Today's weak unemployment report conveniently neutralizes that criticism just before next Tuesday's Fed meeting. Wise old Uncle Al can pose and preen, congratulating himself for his prudent, patient and prescient sustained easing policy.

After all, let's not take our eyes off the larger goal here: re-electing the incumbents 11 months from now. We need at least another six months of flat-on-the-floor short rates to ignite a good launch into next autumn.

Brilliant, MH! I see that your remote viewer has gained acuity during your sabbatical.

Can ya short that ETF ?

As far as I know - the answer is yes. This was one of the main concerns as to how the ETF would function. It was thought that hedging where the ETF was sold might lead to an illiquid market. My read us that they are comfortable that there will be a significant amount of long term holders that will keep the market liquid.

Archived