More Auto Erotica

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heads Up!!

Dan "The Greasman" Niles on Kudlow and Cramer tonight:

Cramer Article on SOX

The link requires that you be a member of The Street.com.

I'm shocked....SHOCKED!....to learn that Mark has a subscription there! :lol:

What a shame Cuz,

We're going to have to miss another

". . . small example of the high quality commentary a select group of investors, traders and professionals use every day to help make their investment decisions."

Fantastic column tonight Mark. I thought last year's 0% due March 2003 was going to be the nail in the vampire. Oh well, I can wait until November.

No gap. Continued drop.

UN postpones discussion of resolution until The March Blix Report.

Won't get one. In the European Tradition, Blix will be sunning at a nude beach in Costa Rica. Or burnt to a crisp in Baghdad.

War is IMMENENT and the market MUST "bottom" for a full-fledged victory rally to ensue. Maybe the market won't even take out Oct. lows (at least until the first bad news comes out of Iraq). Maybe it won't even take out 800.

These are their plans, and they're sticking to them. IMHO.

Thanks again, Mark. Buddha, come back soon gud buddy.

Great stuff, Mark. This really is becoming the bizarro world. Debt is money. Leverage is safety. Insuring things that can't be insured, etc. Just nonsense.

Apologies if this was already posted last week (I was out of town), but this was a good piece showing stock options are embezzlement:

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/p...icks/020703.htm

No gap. Continued drop.

UN postpones discussion of resolution until The March Blix Report.

Won't get one. Blix will be sunning in Costa Rica or burnt to a crisp in Baghdad.

War is IMMENENT and the market MUST "bottom" for a full-fledged victory rally to ensue. Maybe the market won't even take out Oct. lows (at least until the first bad news comes out of Iraq). Maybe it won't even take out 800.

These are their plans, and they're sticking to them. IMHO.

Thanks again, Mark. Buddha, come back soon gud buddy.

the best laid plans... often go to waste.

mark great read. you should see the pick-up area at my kids middle school, looks like a SUV dealer's lot... you're right, lots of new SUVs, particulary black excursions and explorers (and the other one - i cant remember all the names). almost all have those expensive, high-maintenance rims. (a few of those look like they were modeled after chuck heston's chariot).

its amazing how long this pyramid has lasted. bottom line: economic growth (demand) has been driven by debt. what happens when credit availablity contracts and the people who have to borrow cant; and the people who can qualify for loans dont want to borrow because of poor outlook, fear and low yields? black hole?

there's too much air in the debt baloon for a "soft landing". BTW, anybody remember the talk of greenie engineering a "soft landing" - havent heard that one for awhile. its gone too far already, but maybe im just to conservative. im holding a ton of cash and i fear greenie will turn on the presses and screw me. am i only only one thats looking around and thinking that paying off my piddly $55,000 mortgage at 6% is not a bad use of some of my funds?

I'm laughing at the round number close: Dow 8000.60. Ha ha ha. Is that just human psychology at work? (Round numbers DO have exaggerated importance, as retailers know with their XX.95 and XX.98 prices.) Or, are the market makers openly mocking us?

If you believe the Investors Momentum Daily market pep talks, it's the breakout on higher volume during the 4th through 7th days which proves that a rally is FOR REAL. Today was light volume, with final hour strength, but inconclusive overall.

speaking of auto erotica

mitsubishi now has:

zero interest

zero down

ZERO PAYMENTS TILL 2004

so before you start paying for your 30k car,it's already worth 18k before the first payment .

Mitsubishi has been doing zero percent game way before big 3 started. I guess that it could borrow Yen in Japan a lot cheaper than big three.

"Joseph Mansueto, Morningstar's chief executive officer ... added that the 'Fidelity favorites' were selected by Morningstar Associates L.L.C., an investment-consulting subsidiary with researchers separate from Morningstar Inc., which conducts the star ratings." - from article linked by Tig ol' Bitties

That's like corporate ladder-climbers who claim they "graduated from Harvard." Then you find out they attended a two-week "executive education" seminar there, to supplement their junior college diploma.

Aren't we getting tired of a society where even after you carefully read the fine print, it's still hard to figure out what the scam is?

Heads Up!!

Dan "The Greasman" Niles on Kudlow and Cramer tonight:

Cramer Article on SOX

This is my take on the stinky SOX. H&S breakdown with the snapback to the broken neckline. It is possible for a stock/index to go back up through the neckline a small percentage before collapsing to the projection point. With the neckline around 290 and the head at 390 the ultimate target will be 190 (which just happens to be the projection Doc gave for the CMAP - what a coincidence!!!)

For that reason I am still short and holding. So far in the black by ~40% with lots of time and $$$ for a buffer to ride out the swings. Will close out this short when the target is reached or when Doc changes his CMAP projection

Archived